The Tragedy

Once upon a time in the kingdom of Folaria lived a legend of five great heroes. Their elements consisted of fire, earth, lightning, water, and air. They were the military's greatest force and later became known as the Elemental Knights.

This story first starts with a young boy named Rhys. This child lived in an unnamed village in the west. His family were poor blacksmiths, even compared to the others in this poverty-stricken village. Rhys always got into trouble because of other kids picking fights with him. Luckily, he was pretty strong for his age from helping out in the family business.

But an unexpecting day came by the time Rhys was just ten years old. The clear blue skies quickly became sinister and eerie. Pitch-black holes opened in the sky, ghastly monsters spewed from them and began to wreak havoc. The village was obliterated in mere minutes due to a lack of knowledge of these fiends, and any sorts of military in this village. This later became known as the Westeria Tragedy, with the unnamed village now known as Westeria as the center point of it all.

There was one survivor though. Rhys had escaped the village, clinging to his life. He traveled east for months, surviving on stolen goods he had acquired from travelers and adventurers and anything else he could find in the wild. At long last he had arrived at the prosperous city of Zayben. As Rhys entered the city he stopped. At that moment, a single teardrop fell from this boy's cheek. Rhys had never seen so many people. The buildings were tall, the air smelled of grilled meats, and everyone seemed to be joyous. He continued his stroll through the busy marketplace until he saw something that caught his eye. It was a young lady. He stopped once more and stared in admiration.