a teaser.

(when you see *** play the song)

----------

***

The two lovers wished, as stars fell to Teyvat.

They wished for blessings, for clarity, and for the sake of their shared love. Love is the root of all things, and there is none sweeter than the fruit it bears.

Deep in the pillars of Celestia, these blessed wishes danced together, merging into one, and fell faster than all other wishing stars. The streak it burned into the sky was a wash of iridescent, seemingly containing all the known colors of the world. A rainbow, sent from the heavens.

The wishes coalesced, manifesting in the form of a baby. A girl.

The baby girl's cries were heard outside, on the steps of the funeral parlor. She laid for hours before noticed. She was rushed inside, cold and sickly. She was naked, except for a thin cloth that covered her body. Her hands were clenched shut in the wake of her sobs, her entire body craved warmth. If not for the cries heard throughout the entire harbor, given her appearance, she would be presumed dead.

The young woman who had brought her inside rushed to fetch the attention of her most trusted consultant. A tall man followed her to her desk, where the baby laid. Only once the man approached the baby did she open her eyes to greet the world for the first time. She quieted, for even a frame as small as hers is commanded by the man. And then, he grabbed the baby, and collapsed on the floor.

Waves of emotions cascaded over him, as he clutched the baby in his arms. His cries only yielded when a bright glimmer caught his eye, from the hands of the girl. 

A blue stone, pricked with stars, stretching infinitely inside. A piece of Celestia, that fell from the heavens, with her.

It was then that he truly noticed her features. Her hair a mess of blonde and blue, and her eyes the most piercing golden gaze.

He stood up slowly, careful to not drop the baby, and excused himself from the funeral parlor with no explanation, despite the shouts for his attention. 

He set off to the inn, to bring the baby to her rightful home.