"Changes"

"Jun, can you teach me please?" Minghao asked for guidance as he was holding a knife in front of the carrots. I told him to do it since I'll be dealing with the other ingredients, but that was his response.

I am now at his house, actually just wanted to hang out. I knew he was rich, but not THIS rich.. I wonder how did he manage to trust me instantly knowing I just met him months ago at college.

I'm not poor, nor I am rich. Just, average? 

"Hao, that carrot is already peeled, you just need to cut it." I calmly said with my eyes still on my own work.

"Uhh, hehe. My family has a chef here, so I don't really cook.." He shyly responded and cut a piece, making me laugh.

"I see.." I then walked towards his side, and saw that he correctly cut a piece in cube, but the thing is that we are making Bibimbap and the carrots for this dish is supposed to be long and thin. 

"That's good, but you need to slice it like this.." He gave me the knife from his hand and I started to show him how to do it. "Now, you try it" I said after I demonstrated it and gave back the knife.

I went back to my place and looked back to see if he's doing well. And I must say that he's a fast learner!

I just smiled and continued in doing my thing.

---

"It's delicious!!" He cheered as he started to eat the bibimbap we cooked together.

"Right? Hard work always pays off.." I said, starting to dig into the food in front of us.

A comforting silence was there when we were eating. No one really dared to break it until we finished eating, since we know we love peacefulness.

I stood up when we were finished, and started to bring the dishes at the sink and wipe the table clean.

"Jun, no need to do that.." Minghao spoke out.

"It's okay, I propose to do this." I opposed.

"Fine.." He sighed, defeated.

I started to wash the dishes we just used, and Minghao stood behind me.

"You know, you really don't have to do that.." He brought up, again.

"I told you its fine. I always do this,"

"In that case, can I help?" He then started to smile like a puppy.

I chuckled at his actions. "Why not?"

He then moved beside me and starred to help me wash the dishes. Of course, playing a little wouldn't hurt.

When I started hanging out more at his house, he changed, in a good way.

What I meant was he was still that kind, pretty man I know. But then after I started hanging out with him, he started to learn more new things. Now, he mostly do things by his own, and I even saw him washing his own clothes!

That made me really proud.

But then..

"Hmm? Why isn't he answering?" I spoke to myself as I looked at my phone. "Oh well, maybe he's just busy." I then went out of our building and saw him walking towards the cafeteria.

"Oh?" I muttered. Instead of chasing him, I tried to call him again, maybe he didn't get the call. I swear the signal these days are just so slow.

I followed him from afar, in case he really doesn't have signal to answer my call. But then, I saw him took his phone out, stared at it for a few seconds, then put it back inside his pocket.