Chapter 2

The ground slippery with dark green moss kept clinging on Taehyun's shoes as he walk towards the small opening hidden perfectly behind an old tree that leads to their community cemetery. Once he stepped a foot inside, he flicked open the switch of his torch anticipating something paranormal as soon as the lights turned on. The wind howled bringing the smell of both wet grass and soil to his nose. He moved his flashlight slowly from left to right and there he saw someone in black waving at him. "Taehyun." The figure called shattering Taehyun's thought that the figure might be a ghost. Taehyun went towards Beomgyu. From afar, he could already see the 'materials' set up.
-
The darkness approaches once again. Being a captive of the dark with only the moon illuminating his cell, Hueningkai has grown accustomed to the hellish, high-pitched screams of the new wandering souls captured by Agony, the red-skinned demon that guards the cells. It has been ages since he was held captive that the nonstop scratching and banging from the adjacent cells does not bother him anymore. He has been used to it that it is frightening. Day by day, Kai witnesses the souls being tortured with shackles on both bloody hands and feet. He saw how Agony sew the souls' lips making their high-pitched screams all muffled. Kai knew that struggling won't help him. He is ready for everything that might happen for he knows that hope was long gone and that it won't get a lost soul like him anywhere. If only he knew that this would happen, she should have walked over to the other side. His false hope led him to this situation and he is well aware that he is the one to blame. If only he had not hoped to live, to stay with his family, then none of this would have happened. A clinking sound snapped Hueningkai back to reality. He looked towards his cell's gate. He felt his long dead heart drop to his chest as he saw Agony eyeing him with an eerie smile creeping on his face.
-
"The preparation is done. We can now try calling the soul. Ready?" Beomgyu said excitedly as he show Taehyun what he prepared. Taehyun eyed the place. Black candles are placed around a circle with runes and symbols scribbled inside it. Without any second thought, both stepped inside the circle and held hands. "A soul has been asking for help. He is very lonely and inside a cell. He just wants to cross over." Beomgyu stated. He earned a nod from his friend, taking it as a cue for him to start. Beomgyu recited a chant. 'Latin? No, Greek?' Taehyun thought but he then shook his head empty focusing on the ritual they are doing. A strong gust of wind blew all the lit black candles in a flash, darkness and silence filled the cemetery. Taehyun tried to stand up but Beomgyu's grip held him in place. Soon after, he felt something prick his finger.

A/N: Nothing scary for this chapter since it is already past bedtime here and I'm afraid to write something scary in the dark. Hahaha 😆