Chapter Two: James.

They say most people block out certain information, thoughts that are mostly associated with stressful or traumatic events, leaving the person unable to remember important personal information about their past.
I try to be the person that blocks out those memories. I would rather be unable to remember personal things then remember about the accident.
Which is why I keep myself on drugs.
To forget, mostly.
......................................................

The mountains seemed like they were all the different shades of red. The windows were down and blowing a cool breeze into the car. My parents were driving on a single one way road and the sun was shinning on the mountain tops.

"Are you guys going to tell me and James where we are going yet?" My sister, Ivory asked, she was leaning on the car door while looking out the window, watching the mountains as we drove by. It was the first time in awhile since we left Paris, and my sister was especially excited.

"No we cannot tell you, me and your father has tried very hard to keep it a secret from you two and we are not giving up now" my mother chuckled. I remember her black hair blowing in the wind and her light blue eyes looking back at me from the sun visor mirror.

My dad reached across the car and held my mother's hand, looking at her like she was the most beautiful woman in the world.

"But seriously, we have been on the road driving for more than two days!" I complained. I was tired of not being able to lay in a bed without getting motion sickness.

"Deal with it. Plus, we're almost there!" My father was excited. We hadn't been on a road trip since I was 5, and 9 years later, we were going on another one.

Except we never made it.

A car came down at what seemed like full speed on the wrong side of the road. When the car went right we went left, straight off of the mountain in which the road was on.

The car flipped for what felt like ages, my ribs started hurting from all the clashing of the car and I passed out from all the shock and pain.

I woke up with the world upside down.

All I remember is that I put my hands on the top of the car to keep my head from hitting the hard roof on the way down. I remember seeing the actors do it in one of those action movies I watched with my father. I then unbuckled my seatbelt and came down hard and hit my back on the car roof that was now on the floor of the mountain.

"Ouch." I gasped and closed my eyes.

I turned and looked over to my sister, who had a bloody nose, cuts, and bruises, but her chest was moving up and down and I could feel her pulse. She was upside down and still buckled down to her seat. I put myself under her body and unbuckled her seatbelt. Her back came down and hit my face. She was still unconscious, and heavy, but she was younger than me so it was a little bit easier to lift her up off of me.

I laid there for a second and looked up, with my sister laying right besides me. I could see tiny dust particles floating through the air. Adrenaline was keeping me from feeling any pain, and I didn't know then that three of my ribs were broken, my collar bone was shattered, and I had a major head contusion.

I turned and looked over at my sister, who was still breathing. I got up and crawled through the car until I reached the passengers side of the car. My mother was in the seat, with her arms dangling down and with her hair in her face. I looked over to my fathers side. The dashboard was crushed down onto my fathers knees.

My father had long wavy brown hair that went down to the bottom of his ears. His goal was to grow his hair out for my mother so she could braid his hair since my sister hated when people touched her hair. It was always ridiculous, how much my father loved my mother. He would do anything for her. He would get up at 5:00 in the morning just to take her to watch the sunset. I never believed in love like they did, I was only 14 then, but I always grew up knowing that I would never marry, I would never have kids, and I would eventually die alone, and I excepted that fact.

My fathers hair was covering his face, and I moved a piece of his hair away from his face just to get a peak to see if he had any injuries on his face. I let go of his hair and I cupped my hand over my mouth and tears began to form in my eyes. His whole face was purple, and his seatbelt was tangled around his neck. I didn't notice when I looked at him that he wasn't breathing. My fathers face was cold and lifeless. I couldn't speak, and it was like a bunch of air clogged my throat from breathing.

I backed away from my father, with my hands still over my mouth. I sat with my legs to my chest and my hands over my knees. I scooted closer to my sister and I held one hand out to her arm, shaking her gently to try and wake her up. But she never woke up, I was breathing hysterically and tears were coming out of my eyes, my head hurt from all the emotions I was feeling and my eyesight began to go black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note:)
Heyyyyyyy.
I hope you enjoy the book so far and this is the last authors note that I will probably do for the rest of the book, but I just wanted to make it clear that the chapters titled "James" is his side of the story and the chapter titled "Avery" is her side of the story! This is going to be how the chapters are until James and Avery meet!
Please comment, react, and vote!
Thank you for reading my story you naughty little sausages<3