unshattered part 1

"Flashbacks"

'Thoughts'

Older her, intense thoughts, or actions

"Normal speech, or quote on quote"

"quirk review or move call out"

---

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I lay staring blankly to the ceiling, ignoring the alarming sounds of the device.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

"..."

I throw my pillow at the alarmclock CRASH! and dully stare at the ground where my clock lay, in pieces.

"Hey, what was that noise? I heard you yelling too- is everything alright?"

...

"Um- no, it's nothing! You really don't have to come up here!" My expression didn't match my voice, but it didn't matter when I was the only one in the room.

"I never said I'd come. Is something wrong?" I hear my mothers muffled voice right behind my bedroom door. Never coming my ass!

I slide my foot down on my fallen pillow and slide it to the right a little to completely cover the mess.

I push my voice down a notch, to make it appear I was calm. "Nothing mother. *chuckle* I guess I'm just really unprepared for today, I guess."

It was true, anyone would be scared in my situation. For both the alarm clock and today.

"...Okay...Just make sure to come downstairs in time for breakfast.." Her voice wavered, but I still heard mothers's footsteps echo down the hallway, then down the stairs. Probably to resume her cooking. My mind scattered a bit before I forced it to come back together.

Closing my dull eyes, I ran through my morning routine, whipping my clothes on, and barely brushing my teeth. My (h/c) locks were a pain in the ass to tame, so I spent a little more time on brushing through the tangles.

I walked through the hallways of the house to get to the stairs, but I abruptly stopped when I caught something out of the corner of my eye.

I spot a single tile standing out, out of the rest surrounding it. Staring at it with an intensity of an experienced watcher I glared at the solid tile with a hard stare enough to shatter glass walls.

But my trance was soon interrupted by the sound of my mothers voice.

"...Breakfast is ready, dear."

...She sounded uncomfortable.

Stepping quietly down the stairs I make my way to the small table we owned. There was hardly enough food for the both of us but it was enough to fuel us energy for the day. Mother always gave me the greater half of it since she knew that I was the main focus of the family.

But it's not like we had a complete one.

The awkwardness was unbearable. But I dealed with this since as long as I can remember so I was fine. I knew I was fine. But I knew that my mother wasn't.

Silence.

The silence was suffocating the both of us. So why didn't she stop it?

Why isn't she stopping it? Why is she letting this get to her!?