It's not always what it seems to be

My name is Albert Stockington, I have been hired by a new video game selling company.

To be honest, I'm getting a little tired of the routine, nothing interesting ever happens.

I sat down on a chair in the break room, looking disinterested.

"Tired eh, Mr. Stockington?"

"Indeed, Mr. Burns."

"Do you want me to make coffee for you?"

"Honestly, I'm not a fan of coffee, I prefer chocolate" (I say with a smile.)

The rest of the day went on just as usual, typical customer service.

The next day, in the briefing room, alone with the company representative.

"Mr. Stockington."

"Yes Mr. Burns?"

"I know this is hard to believe, as it's only been slightly over a month that you've been hired for our company, but I want to give you a promotion."

"Mr. Burns?"

"Yes Mr. Stockington?"

"Have you really thought this over, I do not wish for you to rush this through.

You see, everyone else in the team has much more time in the company than me, yet they haven't received any promotions, are you sure you don't wanna give someone else a chance? "

"You are right Mr. Stockington, I should consider your colleagues too, but you should very well know that you are the only one qualified to be the representative of my company."

"So if I understand correctly Mr. Burns, you're saying you want to promote me to representative, but there can't be two representative, what will happen to you?"

"I'm very sorry Mr. Stockington, but it's 8 o'clock already, thus this is the end of our conversation."

"But..."

"8 o'clock, get to work."

The day went on and I didn't even get to meet Mr. Burns during the break time.

Tomorrow arrived and he didn't show up in the briefing room, only leaving notes about what to do on the table.

This happened for a whole week, but none of my work partners thought anything of it.

Once he returned, since no one else asked what happened to him, I took the first step and asked:

"Mr. Burns, you've been missing for a whole week, nary a trace, you're not hurt, not sick, still in one piece? "

"Still humoristic I see, Mr. Stockington, your concerns are duly noted, but yes I am still in one piece, you know sometimes as a representative, you have meetings left and right."

"Understandable."

"But don't let that discourage you Mr. Stockington, it's only a rare occurrence."

After a moment of looking around, Mr. Burns again says:

"There's no need to be baffled or confused about anything, Mr. Stockington here will be the new company representative, it may seem like a rushed decision, but I've observed him ever since he came in the company, he considers his teammates more than I ever could, a true professional, soon, in a not too distant future, I won't be there anymore, but as I said, fear not, you are in good hands.

And as for some of you, the ones who's shoulders I touch, will become managers."

The next three weeks were really hard, briefing isn't as easy as it seems, especially when the team is angry and jealous.