i hear a symphony

TW: DEATH

(I recommend reading while hearing the song for more emotion!)

I never was a perfect father, but... I never through this would happen. Wilbur, dead, blood pouring out of his wound.

That I caused it.

It's hard to breath, my wings are hurt but I don't care, it doesn't matter. Theres so much noise, screams, Tommy and Techno voices, people fighting.

Maybe coming back was a mistake.

My legs are weak so I fall to the groud, looking at Wilbur's peaceful face, blood falling out of his mouth and he is so pale... My son, my older son.

I touch his cold cheek, trembeling, what  have I done? He begged me for it but... but...

"My son..." A whisper escapes my dry mouth, tears falling out of my eyes, tired eyes. "I'm so sorry, so sorry, did- did you missed me? Did you felt scared?" I ask, no response, of course.

"My L'Manberg, Phil! My unfinished symphony, forever unfinished!"

Your words comes back to my mind, your symphony...

I close my eyes holding your lifeless body, and go back in time, to the good old days when you were a kid, when I was always there for you, when you used to ask me everyday to sing the same song, your favorite.

"Dad, please!" You looked at me with puppy eyes, the wind making your hair a beautiful mess, I smiled with the guitar in hands, how can I say no to him? "I really, really like this song!"

"I know, kiddo." Still smiling, I prepared my voice, and you layed down by my side in the grass, I could hear Techno and Tommy playling with swords a little far away. "Okay..."  A deep breath, and my fingers started working, so familiar with the song, the musical notes filling the silence.

"I used to hear a simple song, that was until you came along..." You smiled.

Please come back to me.

"Now in this place is something new, I hear it when I look at you." You hummed, happy. I continued playing the guitar, in peace.

I regret it.

"With simple songs, I wanted more, perfection is so quick to bore." Shyly, your voice joined mine, so sweet. "You are my beautiful, by far, our flaws are who whe really are."

"I love you, dad." You whispered.

"I love you too."

More tears fell, dropping in your face.

"I used to hear a simple song, that was until you came along. You took my broken melody..."

"And now I hear a symphony." You sang. Hearing the music, yours brothers approached, sitting near us, me and you harmonize together.

"And now I hear a symphony..." I finished, smiling, and we all clapped, laughing.

Lost in my memories, I started humming, alone. The chaos outside continuing.

"I will always love you, no matter what you did." I whispered, promising.

Somewhere, confused, a ghost appeared.

---

i- i just love them so much

and i think this song fitts so well

the animatic is sooo good fills my heart with sad and warm feelings

how are we today sbi fans? 

if you liked the one-shot leave a star <3