:P

it was a long, dreary evening. she had honestly had enough of this bullshit. day after day she had to put up with these idiots poking fun at her for the littlest shit, like the way she wore her hair or how much weight she gained over the summer. sometimes it was worse. sometimes they would point out the scars on her arms or the stretch marks that decorated her as if she were a tiger. but they wouldn't make such a flattering comparison - they'd compare her to knife victims or pretend to brush a barcode scanner over her. she despised them. sometimes, she wished they were all dead.

they were out in a forest, on their way to another friends house. it was dark out, so it would've been common sense to walk by the main road where there are cars and cameras and street lights. but as we've already established, these people are idiots. so they were in a dark and damp forest at about 2 in the morning. how fun. the leaves squelched beneath her feet, droplets of water falling from the leaves up above and onto her hair. it was filthy in the forest, as you can imagine, and they had all been walking for the better part of an hour or so. so her clothes were filthy, ripped in some places, and her hair was a mess. her makeup was smudged and her legs had small cuts dotted all over like a 'join the dots' book. and she was exhausted. fatigue took over her as she began to lose focus of the faint yet visible forest path, and she started trailing off down a completely different path. this one was more visible and was made of stone. it was a very pretty path, with cracks of all lengths lining it, decorated with moss. it was somewhat pulling her towards it, and then down it. and soon enough she had completely disbanded from her group.

the path stopped, and in turn, so did she. she looked up from admiring the broken elegance of the path that led her to where she is now, and saw the most beautiful set of steel gates. they were rusty in some places and the wall that stood dominant on either side of it had been knocked down - yet they were still too tall for her to step or climb over, which only made her wonder how tall these soiled and grimy walls had once been. the beautifully busted gates creaked open as an icy gust of wind tugged at the bars, and she walked through, unaware of what awaited her on the other side.

well, what awaited her was a graveyard. everything was stagnant as if time had stopped. the wind was boisterous, yet it was quiet. the silence was deafening, yet benign. and she felt safe for the first time. truly safe. as she stood there taking in the deathly glamour of the graveyard, the same desperate breeze that had opened the gates had just slammed them shut. she'd been locked in by a hateful wind, but she wasn't fearful, nor was she on edge. she was detached but at peace. she felt comfortable here, among the energy of the corpses that lay beneath the earth. she felt at home.

in the distance stood a tree. it didn't stand proudly as you would anticipate - it was meek, hunched over as if it were apologising for being. it spoke to her as if it were the same as her. as if they were destined to be together in this moment. they were so similar, yet so different in every possible way. the tree and its timid exterior drew her in, much like the sporadic path from earlier, and she found herself walking towards it. the tree was in the centre of the graveyard, the centre of attention, surrounded by a multitude of trees and tombstones. yet it looked isolated. solitary. unattended. even in a whole graveyard full of shrubbery and stone, this tree was unloved and forgotten. maybe it was too much work to take care of it. or perhaps the loved ones of those who lay in the ground around the tree had passed, leaving no one to look after it. by no fault of its own, it had been abandoned. just like her. she stopped in front of the tree, appreciating the elegance that was perhaps glossed over throughout the years. it truly was a hidden beauty. two of the branches of this hunchback tree were twisted in such a way that they had formed a heart, and they swayed softly despite the violent wind.

[not complete, more will be added. I'm tired right now, it's 01:15 oops]