11

I stood next to Naruto while we all waited at the entrance and exit of the Sand Village. Team Guy and the rest of Team Kakashi were with us, while Gaara and his siblings faced us to send us off. We had just left Chiyo's grave before we came here, and I was surprised by Sakura's deep attachment to her. I don't know when that development could have happened, but I suppose they did fight together against an Akatsuki member.

"See ya," Gaara stated shortly.

"Yea," was Naruto's reply. It was silent for a moment until he continued, "I guess this is the part where we're supposed to shake hands and say goodbye... but I'm not really good at that stuff.." He scratched his cheek seeming embarrassed. Gaara ignored this and just stuck his hand out for Naruto to take. 

Naruto shook his hand with a bit of coaxing from Gaara's sand, and when they let go the village called out their farewells to us. I walked up to Gaara while the two Leaf Village teams turned around to head back.

"I'm glad to have been able to talk to you last night. Hopefully I am able to return soon," I told him. (I might write a chapter on that if you want)

He nodded and gave me a slight smile. I nodded back and turned around to leave. Temari also talked to me plenty this morning. She told me I have to come back if what she wants happen has a possibility of playing out. She never fully explained that bit to me but that is nothing to mull over since she did not seem to have bad intentions. 

We walked for quite a bit through the desert, and Might Guy was falling significantly behind the group due to having to support Kakashi's weakened body. TenTen decided she would voice her complaints about that, which received an irritated look from the man.

"We may take an hour or so more if we continue at this speed," I said to Naruto, who chose to walk beside me.

"That much longer?" Sakura questioned from the other side of me. I nodded. Naruto groaned in agony.

This was followed by a surprised yelp from Kakashi. Our group turned around to see what was happening. Kakashi was now on Guy's back with a very unhappy expression in contrast to Guy's very accomplished one. The green covered man began running off yelling about keeping up with him. It was definitely a good idea for him to have carried Kakashi instead. We will make better time with this.

I turned to Sakura, seeing that she had a rather displeased look. Naruto had a similar reaction. "Is there something wrong?" I questioned.

They seemed to snap out of it. Sakura was the first to respond, "Yes... it's... I don't know how to explain this..." she trailed off.

"It's just wrong," Naruto butted in. TenTen agreed with him immediately.

"Why? He is getting there much faster than us now," I pointed out. They sweatdropped and rubbed their temples.

I suppose I haven't learned as much social cues as I thought. Lee walked up to me, "Hitori! Could you please allow me to carry your bag!"

"Why?" I asked.

"Training! I need weight in order to be training on the same level as Guy-sensei!" he explained.

I handed him my bag. That was an understandable reasoning. He proceeded to grab everyone else's baggage and sped off. "Those two are both crazy," Sakura sighed.

Naruto shrugged, "They've always been like that."

"I think that they are still both very impressive," I voiced, looking at the dust trail that Lee had left behind.

"Eh? Why's that?" Naruto asked, seeming to be a bit more prying.

I pointed off to where Lee had run, "He's already covered quite a distance, along with Guy. It's a much higher than the average speed of a ninja even if it is for something like a race."