Chapter 37: Finding Love

I had enough money for Dale's skateboard now. Despite that I had decided to keep working at the cafe and working to earn some money for my own wants.

I counted the money one last time and went to his room. Dale was not there so I just dropped it on his desk but something caught my attention.

It was a photograph of me and Dale when we were kids. I picked it up and looked at it clearly surprised. I always thought he took the picture to make fun of me but he kept it safe for so long. Suddenly someone cleared their throat from behind me, the voice was too close and caused me to drop the frame.

Before it could hit the floor Dale grabbed it and threw me an amused look.

''You have become quite clumsy haven't you? You nearly broke it.'' He set the frame back to it's place.

''So what?''

''It's really precious to me.'' He said pointing to the frame and my heart beat increased.

''I came to give you the money for the skateboard.''

''I am taking it.'' My jaw dropped on the floor.

''W-hat! W_why?''

''I don't want it now, it's yours. It's your earning I am not taking it.''

''But your skatebo_''

''My skateboard is not as precious as your hard work Caterpillar.'' He said and chuckled at my shocked face.

''But before_''

''Things have changed now. Take it.'' He shoved the money in my hand and left the room.

******

''Anderson move your hands quickly!'' Derrick snapped at me and I rolled my eyes at him.

''So you are back to your old annoying self uh?''

''I am not annoying Anderson.'' He said saying the name  again and smirking at me.

''You can call me Allyson you know.''

''No, I prefer Anderson.'' I rolled my eyes again and went to the counter again.

''Hi'' My head shot up to see Dale smiling at me. I was surprised that he came here .

''Hey.'' I managed a smile and went back to work.

''Do you want anything?'' I asked him as he just continued standing there.

''No''

''Then why are you here?''

''I wanted to see you.'' His answer was kind of funny.

''I am not some zoo animal you know.'' I said and decided to ignore me. Derrick came behind  me and looked at Dale with an amused face.

''Oi you are that neighbor guy and Delilah boyfriend.'' He exclaimed and decided to sand there too. Now what?

''Yeah I am that 'neighbor guy' but no longer Delilah's boyfriend.'' Dale said looking at me and my head  shot up in surprise.

''We broke up.'' He said more to me than Derrick.

''I don't care.'' I retorted as Derrick scurried away to receive another costumer.

''You do care Ally and I know it quite clearly.'' Dale's face turned serious all of the sudden.

''I don't_''

''Do you know why I broke up with her?''

''I dont want to know. Just leave me alone. I hate you!''  I said a bit to loudly.