CH1: A... friend?

(Y/N) was in a hospital with little to no wounds. Toriel, Frisk and the girl that (Y/N) saved were at (Y/N)'s bedside. He slowly opened his eyes and groaned as he gripped his head.

(Y/N): "Fuuuuuuuuck...." He complained while rubbing his forehead.

Toriel: "(Y/N), my child, are you okay?" She asked worriedly.

Frisk: "From what Betty said, you got hit pretty hard by that car." They said holding the back of their neck.

(Y/N) looked confused.

(Y/N): 'Betty? Who is that? The girl I saved? No, she couldn't be.' "Who's Betty?" He asked as the three there facepalmed.

(Y/N) hadn't noticed the girl he had saved on the other side of the bed from Frisk and Toriel.

Frisk: "The... girl you saved..." They stated as if it was obvious.

Girl: "H-hey. (Y/N) was it?" The boy in question whipped his head around to face the girl and nodded. "Thanks for saving me..." She said shyly.

The four were in silence until Toriel spoke up.

Toriel: "I called your father. He should be here soon."

A flash of mostly unnoticeable fear was struck over (Y/N)'s face. Betty's face went from shy, to confused, to understanding.

Betty: "I think (Y/N) might be fine to leave now. He clearly doesn't have any injuries now." She said trying to convince Toriel.

Toriel: "... Okay but answer me this child." She turned her attention to (Y/N). "Why were you off of school grounds?" She asked.

(Y/N) didn't want to answer as he didn't want to get people in trouble, but he wanted to exact his own revenge. So he thought of a quick lie.

(Y/N): "Well... I was hungry and the cafeteria was closed..." He mumbled as he fiddled with his own fingers.

Toriel sighed and walked away with Frisk. Betty decided to ask about why he's so dismissive about everything.

Betty: "I can tell that was a lie... what's the real reason?"

(Y/N): "I heard the students and some of the teachers start insulting me, wishing I was not around, how nobody'd miss me or even notice I was gone. I... I... wanted to check if they were right... clearly they were since I was gone for a good two hours." He said looking down at the sheets.

(Y/N) didn't know why he was opening up so easily to someone he had pretty much just met. (Y/N) guessed it was because being opening up to someone you just met is easier than opening up to someone who you've known for years and are close to.

Betty: "Come on. I need someone to show me around town. We also need to talk more."

(Y/N) followed Betty around town and pointed out some things that might be of interest. They eventually sat down in a park and Betty asked another question, the first of its kind since the hospital.

Betty: "Do you... fear your father?" She asked expecting to be shouted at.

(Y/N): "...Yes..." He said quietly.

Betty: "Why?"

(Y/N): "...He's not the nicest of individuals." He said. Betty asked him to continue if he was comfortable with it. "He... starves me whenever I don't do things he wants... for example; I don't give him a back massage? Starve. Don't rub his stinky ass feet? Starve. Talk back? One bone broken and no meals for a week." He said clenching is fist then striking it on his thigh.

Betty was horrified... who would do that to their own son? But that's not what she was horrified about. She noticed a black ooze crawling from his chest all around his body and started slithering it's way from his main body up to his neck.

It kept crawling until (Y/N) curled up in a ball and started crying, the black substance was completely gone.

A few moments later and (Y/N) had finally calmed down. They sat underneath a tree and started talking while cloud gazing. A small pink blob started snuggling in between them. (Y/N) not fearing it at all, just curious of what it was.

(Y/N): "Who's this little cute thing?" He asked resting a hand on it.

Betty: "It's name is Akumu... Kumu for short." She said smiling. It wasn't like most smiles thrown his way. It was sincere, a genuine smile.

Laid closer together when Akumu started shivering, indicating it was cold. Betty and (Y/N) got closer together to warm Kumu up. The two looked at each other, leaning in...

!!!: "(Y/N)!!!!!!" An all too familiar voice called.

(Y/N) was frozen in place. Fear evident in his eyes. Akumu growled lowly as the apparent 'Father Figure' of (Y/N) approached.

(Y/N) ran to hide behind the tree they were lying at. (Y/N)'s father asked Betty whether or not she had seen him. Betty told him to mind his own business and leave other people out of it. The old man huffed and walked away, still calling for, what he dares call, his son.

(Y/N) came back to Betty and sat down cuddling his legs tightly.

Betty: "Hey... don't cry, I'm here to protect you." She said bringing (Y/N) in for a hug.

(Y/N): "R-really?"

Betty: "Of course... what are friends for?"

(Y/N): "A... Friend?"

(Y/N) hugged Betty closer and tighter.

~~~The Next Day~~~

Betty wanted to become a student where (Y/N) was and now Toriel was going to check her soul. Betty insisted that (Y/N) should be there with her. He happily accepted to go with her and then... it turns out her soul was Pink. It doesn't look threatening at all. To (Y/N) it looked... welcoming. Toriel asked (Y/N) if he wanted to check if his soul had finally gained a trait. (Y/N) agreed reluctantly but Betty was excited to see what colour it was. When the soul was out of (Y/N)'s body, Toriel let out a loud gasp which caused Frisk to come barging in. Frisk also gasped.

(Y/N): "Is it... supposed to be that colour?" He pointed at it with his finger. It felt tingly to the touch but also tingled in his chest.

The soul was Black, a pitch black heart floated there, dormant, waiting for whoever foolishly tries to touch it. Frisk and Toriel were standing there, exchanging glances. Betty and (Y/N) however were poking and prodding the Black soul, all while cheering about soul stuff. They were theorising on what Black could mean.

(Y/N): "Anyway, enough guessing, I wanna know what it means! Hey Toriel, what does Black mean?" He asked.

Toriel looked at Frisk for help, they just shrugged their shoulders and hummed.

Toriel: "I... do not know, my child." She said hesitantly.

(Y/N) was all excited again, a mystery colour! Like Betty's! They can figure out what their traits are... together.

W/C: 1162

A/N: Second Chapter... well second part. The reason I'm using Gender Neutral terms for Frisk is because, in Glitchtale IDK if Frisk and Chara are guys or girls. It's been a while since I watched Glitchtale.

-Sincerely, ImTired269