❤️2💙

Mal having day dreams about returning to her old wicked ways was a normal thing by now. She almost did it every day.

She was snapped out of her thoughts by Ben. "I have something to show you." he says with a hopeful glint in his eyes. "Oh, I can't wait!" she says but is soon interrupted by Evie, Jane, and Lonnie. "Hi, Ben!" they all say in unison.

Once Ben finally gets Mal alone is presents to her a brand new shiny purple (her favorite color) motor scooter. "Oh, wow!" she says not knowing how else to react. "But I didn't get you anything..." she says forgetting about the picnic she was supposed to prepare. 

Evie was making the final touches on Mal's gown as they watched Mal on TV with Ben and the other royals when she suddenly remembers the picnic. She gasps and hurries to get her spell book. Aka her saving grace. She looks for a spell that could a bunch of food in a short amount of time. Evie notices. She notices everything. Every time Mal messes up. Every time she could have done so much better than Mal. 

She shoves the thoughts out of her head. They haunt her. The thoughts of how much better she could treat Ben. 'No, I need to be thinking of a way to help my best friend.' She told herself.

She can't let Mal cheat her way out of this one though. She takes the spell book from Mal. Mal huffs and tries to talk Evie out of it but Evie takes it anyway.

Mal gets the book back anyway and uses it to make a feast of fancy snacks for her and Ben.

The scenery is beautiful. Ben is beautiful. Mal thought to herself, ashamed that she couldn't even put together a picnic without her beloved spell book. Just not wifey material, she thought to herself. But Ben likes her for her anyway. But that doesn't mean she is gonna tell him about the fake food. 

She gets a small desert and feeds it to Ben because, that's what she's supposed to do, right? 

He dug in, impressed and grateful, and almost surprised. He brags on her and, again, a sliver of gilt makes her cheeks blush. He thanks her even more and she finds herself becoming less and less good at lying. But what he doesn't know can't hurt him. Until he reaches in the basket and finds her spell book.

"What's this?" he asks, not yet knowing why Mal is suddenly tense. Why did I leave it in the basket!  She scolded herself. 

He opens it and of course he finds the page with the food spell. So Mal tries to cast a spell on him. Wrong move. Ben might be vulnerable, but he is not stupid.

Ben, innocent, perfect, heart-of-gold, Ben gets angry. Like, really angry. Not like Mal had ever seen before. "Why Mal?!" She can hear the hurt in his voice. This was the first time Mal had truly been on his bad side. She stutters and tries to enplane but it all just blows up. 

"Because i'm not one of those pretty pink princesses, Ben." she tells him pleadingly. 

"I'm a big fake, okay?" she admits. 

Ben just wanted her to be honest with him. He could care less about that dumb picnic. 

"This is fake, I am fake," she went on gesturing to her fake blond hair.

She reverses the spell on the food. Leaving a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a glass of milk. Ben just stood back astonished.

"This is who I really am." Mal was disappointed in herself and Ben could see that, now feeling bad for her.

She just dramatically runs off, secretly hoping he might come after her.

"Peanut butter and jelly is my favorite!" he yells after her hoping she isn't too upset about all this.

But she just runs off. So many thoughts running through her head. About leaving and getting out of there even it was just for a vacation to an island or something. Like maybe the Isle of the Lost...

Ben stood there thinking, where was Evie in all this? She helps Mal with everything.

I'm sure Evie wouldn't have messed this up he thought to himself.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter. I am really excited for this story thought so don't give up on me yet!