Chapter 3: A Predicament

You had continued to walk home with the girls. Fuutarou had decided to stay and join you... From the shadows.

You couldn't help but sigh. You'd hoped he'd take the hint, go home and try again tomorrow. Hell, you would have been more than willing to help him, bring him with you for tomorrow's session seeing as tomorrow was Saturday. But no, he had to continue to act like a weirdo. You wondered how long it would take for him to get arrested once he got older.

When you rounded the corner, you saw a huge tower.

("Wow") you thought, ("Talk about being loaded. Jesus Christ, how many floors are there?")

As you were lost in thought, you heard Itsuki call to you, beckoning you to come inside. As you walked towards her, you notice Nino and Miku weren't present.

Y/N: Hey, where are the other two? Aren't they coming with us?

Itsuki: They said they had something to take care of first. Besides, when I offered for them join us in studying, they refused

Y/N: Ah, I see (well that's good, I probably couldn't take Nino's personality for very long. And Miku seems like she would just stonewall at anything I say anyways)

Then you looked up, wondering what it was they had to attend to so urgently. You soon found your answer.

Nino: What are you? Some kind of stalker?

Y/N: (Oh shit)

From the moment you heard that, you knew Fuutarou had got his stupid ass in deeper trouble. Sure, you were antisocial, but you weren't weird.

Okay, so maybe that wasn't entirely true. But you certainly weren't the type to pull something like this.

You froze in your tracks. You weren't sure if you should go back and help him or leave him to flounder. He did bring this on himself, after all.

While you were debating this with yourself, Itsuki stopped and spun around, looking at you slightly confused.

Itsuki: Y/N, is something wrong?

Y/N: ...No, let's go on inside

She looked at you suspiciously.

Itsuki: Ok...

You went to the elevator with her. ("After all, why should I?") you thought to yourself, ("Why should I help him?")

He did bring this on himself, after all.

However, you could still hear the conversation going on outside. Parts of it, anyway. Fuutarou and Nino were both exceedingly loud. Not just this once in particular, but in general. It got on your nerves, honestly.

You turned to watch what they were doing. Just as he turned to Miku, who was apparently saying something to him, the elevator door opened. You and Itsuki walked inside, and right as you did, you heard dashing footsteps headed your direction.

"Itsuki, wait!"

Unfortunately for him, the message wasn't heard by Itsuki, but by you. You spun around, giving him a look of pure "wtf dude" .

He tried to stop the door from shutting, but he was too late.

Y/N: (Dumbass)

You just shook your head. It was all downhill from here.

*ding*

You and Itsuki stepped out of the elevator and started walking towards her door. However, as soon as you did, Fuutarou burst through the door from the stairs, breathing heavily and sweating. Itsuki gave a surprised look, while you donned an irritated one. You honestly couldn't comprehend whatever made him think this was a good idea. It boggled your mind.