Bookworm rant - 2

So, it happened a couple of years ago. I used to take books with me to school. And when I am left alone or wanted to be left alone, I used to take it out and read. 

I didn't know I was impacting others by just staying like that...

I didn't know and honestly didn't bother to care about what others in my class thought about it... Maybe they thought I was too nerdy or just a stuck up "topper" brat, but when I am not reading, I am perfectly friendly with everyone. (My friends understood that).

Then one day, one of friends approached me asking about any good books to read. I suggested few enthusiastically. Most of the time they (people who ask for this kind of suggestions) take it and move on without reading. So I didn't expect much when she asked.

But after a week or so she came to me speaking about how much she liked that book! I was ecstatic! Slowly, we started having discussions about the books we want to read and the books we already have and could lend to each other. She read more serious and classical literature and I was open to many genres except a few so we were doing great! She even got few of her friends involved in reading one or two of the books she read.

One day while talking she suddenly discloses that the reason she started reading was watching me read and enjoy myself doing so.  And now reading has become one of her favorite time pass.

For someone who never directly pursued anyone to read except few people (and failing😅😅 ) so it was a shock for me. A good kind. I was so happy when she said that..

***

Anyways, what about you?

What do you think about this?

Did something like that happen to you as well? Please tell me in the comments!