The Basement

Grandma's house was old and yellow. It was cozy. It was sweet. Just like grandma. Grandma was nice. She was sweet. The house had 3 rooms and was built like a square. The yard was nice. The yard was full with plants and dried trees. Nothing pretty just dried up plants and trees.

But the other side of the yard, the one on the opposite side of the basement door, looked like a fairy tale. Like a princess fairy tale. No sorry. He didn't like princesses. Princesses we're girl-stuff. Yuck.

The house had a bedroom. The house had a kitchen and a big table with only 3 chairs. The house had toilet. Nothing more. Except for the basement.

Grandma's basement was never a place he liked. It was old and dusty. No one likes a mess. He had once had enough courage to go down the long, scary stairs and what he had seen there, did not please him. Not at all.

Grandma had said not to go that basement but sometimes curiosity takes the cake. Now grandma was dead and the house was his mother's.

It had been 2 decades since he looked in that basement. Now he had his own kids and wife and blah blah. He was pissed. He had lost his life for what? A woman? A woman who didn't even know how to make dinner for fucks sake. He didn't like his wife. Not at all.

"Dad what's up with this basement?" his son asked while they we're visiting his mother.

"That's a place you will not go to. That's a place only daddy can visit." he said. "Now, go play with sister or go eat dinner. Just leave me alone." he sighed.

"Okay daddy." his son shouted and ran away.

Finally, some time alone for daddy, he thought. Now what do i d-

"Honey? can you help me with something?" his wife shouted from the kitchen and he could feel his blood boiling at the sound of his wife.

"What do you want, woman." he said with a fake smile plastered on his face.

"I can't reach that drawer up there. Your mom said there would be some potatoes there." she said smiling and touching his hips. He moved her hands away.

He got an idea.

"There isn't any potatoes there. The potatoes are in the basement." he said smiling to himself.

"Oh...well thank you for the help i never got! Haha!" she laughed drily. "I'll go get the potatoes then."

He followed her wife to the basement door. She opened the door and walked down the stairs. He closed the basement door. And locked it.

"Honey, what are you doing?" his wife shouted and laughed slightly. "LET ME OUT, NOW!"

"I will think about that. See you, or not." he laughed.

His wife started begging. She started crying and banging on the door. He ignored her. Then she went silent. He was confused.

"I love you." his wife said quietly.

"What?" he was confused. He was very confused.

A blood curdling scream was heard through the neighborhood. The scream, the blood curdling scream came from the basement. It was his wife. She screamed.

He was shocked. He was relieved.

"Kids, come inside NOW" he yelled.

His son came running back, crying. Crying uncontrollably.

"What's wrong? Is someone hurt?" he asked.

"Morrigan, Morrigan is hurt." his son cried. His son cried so hard.

"What?" he ran outside and saw Morrigan, his daughter, hanging from a tree by something black. A belt maybe? He didn't care.

He ran straight to his daughter and tried to get her down. The black thing around her neck tightened. It wasn't a belt. Oh no it wasn't a belt. Oh no no no...

"What happened?" he asked his son while desperately trying to get his daughter down. He accidentally touched the black thing and it moved, causing him to fall backwards. He fell. He hit his knee.

"Fuck."

"W-We were throwing a ball around and it flew into the tree." his son cried "Morrigan went to get it but- but she did something to herself." his son fell down and cried. Cried so hard.

She's gone.