인정하기 싫어

[Please listen to the song above while reading this. Thank you!]

Rain droplets agains my windows. Covered myself with a thick comforter, a large pillow in between my legs, and hugging another fluffy pillow. Tears were flowing down my face. I didn't want to move from my spot staring blindly at my windows. I heard my door opened but I haven't moved, a muscle due to the heartbreak.

"Artemis, your friend, Kaira is here to see you." Mom softly said as I heard footsteps coming closer to my bed.

"Arty, you haven't been answering my calls, even our classmates are getting worried about you. It's been a week. Please get up. I brought ice cream with me, it's your favourite, cookies and cream." Kaira said sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Why are your eyes red? Have you been crying so hard for him? He cheated on you with his classmate. Arty forget about him already." She said pulling my lifeless body making me sit up. She's right, but I hate to admit it.

He was my whole world. My light in the dark. I promised him that I wouldn't forget about him. He made me fall head over heels for him, only to be cheated on in 8 months. I was there for him all the way. Heck I even support him on whatever he did. I was there for him when he had a break down. I gave him another chance but he broke it. He lied straight to my face, told me that he was busy with school, chores and that his parents gets his gadgets by 10pm. I gave him my all.

"I want to forget about him, but why does my heart ache when I try to forget about him? My heart aches even when I think about him. I'm so tired. I gave him my all Kaira. I really trusted him." I said breaking down while hugging her.

"There are more than just one man in the world Arty. Pick yourself up slowly. Just let it out today. Cry all you want. I'm here for you." She said while rubbing my back slowly. I screamed quietly while crying, letting all the pain out.

I don't want to admit that I still miss you. How could I forget? It's hard to understand everything that had happened. I might as well forget slowly.

꧁𝙴𝙽𝙳꧂