3. hit different

When you see *, you should play the following songs in order for the optimal reading experience:

1. Easy - Dani Leigh
2. CPR - Summer Walker
3. Hit Different - SZA

See the end of the chapter for more notes
Two days had passed, and you still hadn't reached out to Eren yet.

It wasn't because you were shy. Hardly. It wasn't rocket science to figure out that Eren probably wanted to hook up with you again, and you weren't against the idea by any means. What you couldn't figure out was what to expect.

Was it supposed to be a one-time thing? Did he want to be friends with benefits? If you agreed to that with him, what should you expect then?

You rolled your eyes at the thoughts, and flopped back onto your bed with a thud.

You had been in bed most of the day being that it was Sunday, but even that wasn't the reprieve you were hoping for. Sunday's were never the "relaxing" weekends that people made them out to be, especially not for you. All it meant to you was the wait of another long week. Another long week of classes. More assignments. Tests. Rinse and repeat.

In truth, you needed to relax. Really relax. And a huff of air escaped you the more you thought about it.

You weren't sure you knew how to loosen up. You weren't uptight...but you rarely let go of your inhibitions as easily as everyone else around you did. Besides, the last time you did let loose and let go...you ended up in the closet with Eren. And you knew how that was turning out.

Still, you sighed as you thought of him. You could picture him crystal clear in your mind. The way he'd tilt his head to the side when he asked you questions. The intoxicating scent of him. Everything about him.

It was silly, the magnetic pull he had on you.

Shutting your eyes in frustration now, you groaned.

You didn't need to think about this any more or think about Eren either.

What you needed was a second opinion.

If only Hitch would come back, you thought.

"Hey hey, cutie," the door opened with an ungraceful thud, making you sit straight up.

"Hitch! I thought you were going to be with Jean all weekend."

She laughed at this and began to strip all her clothes off, searching for her bathrobe in the process. At the moment, her side of the dorm was nothing but a pile of clothes along with other things, so you were surprised to see her find her clothes with ease. At least she kept it away from your part of the room.

"I picked up a shift at work tonight. Gotta get that money, cutie," she winked your way, rubbing her fingers together. "What's up with you though? I haven't seen you in forever."

It was true.

Between classes, her working or otherwise not being in the dorm, the last time you actually spent any time with Hitch was when the two of you went to the party together. She stayed the night at the frat house and you returned back to the dorms on your own. In between that, the two of you saw each other here and there. You managed to let it slip that you hooked up with someone, but you never got a chance to tell her more or who it was with. Despite that, she was immensely happy for you. You laughed as you remembered her kissing you on the cheek over the news, proudly claiming, "That's my girl." If anyone could give you counsel on this, it was her.

"Not much," you trailed off, moving aside to make space for her on your bed.

You knew she was inevitably going to lay claim to half the space on there, and when you felt the bed dip, your heart warmed. Admittedly, you missed her. Hitch was the only real friend you felt you had around the college. Everyone else was just a casual classmate who you were friendly with, but you felt that you could at least talk to Hitch about things. Most importantly, she seemed to care about you. Even if you had other people to turn to for advice, you didn't want anyone's input but hers.