[Chapter 1]

The early morning sun filtered through the window highlighting the sleeping girl's curly brown hair and honey-colored skin. Her chocolate-like eyes fluttered open only to shut just as quickly from the light. Groaning slightly she sat up in her bed and pulled the duvet covers off of her legs to show her strawberry patterned pajamas. Stepping onto the cold, creaky floorboards sent a shiver up her spine and recoil slightly before continuing her morning.

Once fully dressed in her normal outfit of overalls and a strawberry-themed shirt she set off to the bakery. She would not get there without an interruption though.

"Lil! Are you on the way to open up the bakery?"

"Shisui I told you to call me by my full name, Lilla" The now-named girl, Lilla, said sighing deeply clearly irritated by the newly introduced boy, Shisui.

"I know, I know but, I think Lil suits you way better, doncha think?" Shisui exclaimed while showing off a large smile that seemed to complement his charcoal eyes and curly black hair well enough.

"Aren't Uchihas supposed to be stoic and brooding or something?" Lilla starts to walk quicker trying to escape the excitable boy following her with no problem.

"Come on you know you can't run from me, I am a ninja!"

"Yes I know, that's more of a reason for you to leave me alone. Ninja normally stick with ninja don't they?" Lilla rummages through her pocket to get the bakery keys quickly moving to unlock the door but to no avail as the keys were snatched from her hands, "Seriously?"

"Yes seriously! I won't give these back until you let me call you Lil." Shisui grinned holding the keys up and away from the shorter girl. Lilla tried to jump up and grab them eliciting a laugh from Shisui at her futile attempts.

"Fine, fine you can call me Lil. Now give me my keys." The newly named Lil quickly took her keys back and unlocked the front door to her bakery and flipping the sign in the front to say open, "So, did you want to get something, or are you just here to annoy me again?" she smirked slightly at Shisui as he stopped to think for a second.

"Can I have a strawberry cupcake, again?"

"Honestly, I don't understand how you can eat something like that for breakfast but alright." Lila turned to walk to the back of the bakery to where she had prepped all the sweets last night. From the rack she pulled out a pink cupcake with a white frosting piped onto the top with perfection and a single strawberry cut into a fan on top.

"Alright, here you go, Shisui." She said handing the boy a wrapped cupcake, "And, don't even think of trying to pay, again," she spoke with an air of finality.

"Fine, fine I won't" he playfully sighed before putting a few bills onto the counter and running away toward the academy.

"That boy, I swear I'm going to kill him."

[Written 3/30/21]

[Published 3/31/21]