//CHAPTER NINE//

It was a Sunday so that meant that not everyone here was up bright and early, to be honest. You hated mornings, and sunlight. When you were smaller you loved to look at the sunsets with your mom. But now as you woke up it just made your eyes burn and wanted to fall back asleep.

You walked to the cafeteria and decided you would make a quick round and just eat and apple or some other fruit. When you finished eating that you grabbed a bottle of cold water and walked to the gym. As a warm up you quickly descended the stairs. Jumping down the last few steps you walked to the door and scanned your card. The doors opened and allowed you to walk inside.

You walked to a the locker room and sat on a bench before your locker. You zipped down the vest and threw it over a rack in your locker. From your locker you pulled out two pairs of bandages and first wrapped them around your hands. Then you pulled of your shoes and threw them in the locker. You wrapped your feet and grabbed the water bottle again, while walking out the door you grabbed a fresh towel from the pile and made your way out.

You made your way to the gym hall and put the water bottle on the ground beside another bench and threw the towel on the bench.

You just spent your time there working out and doing random stamina training and building up your strength.

You just started doing push-ups and counted in your head. 48, 49, 5- but abruptly stopped.

There was someone in there with you. You just pretended you didn't notice anything and moved so you could do another workout and have a better view on who was watching you.

You still pretended you didn't see him but you saw Genshi creeping down the corner, just staring.

Deciding to toy with him you started thinking these random thoughts,while doing the sit-ups, trying to make him laugh and reveal himself. 'What if Dumbledore and Dora had a child, would it's name be Dumbledora?'

'Aren't Australians just British Texans?' Didn't work yet.

'What sounds Like a sneeze and is mad of leather?' Nothing.'

'A shoe.' I heard a soft chuckle, but it was quickly muffled. I smirked.

'What do you call a belt with a clock on it?' I waited for a reaction, there was none.

'A man wals in the zoo, the only animal there is a dog. It's a shitzu.' You thought finishing the joke as you didn't expect an answer. But there it was again. A low chuckle.

I stood up. 'Out of all the inventions from the last hundred years-' You closed your eyes and stretched. -'the dry eraser board is the most remarkable.'

That was it, you did it. You heard small laughs coming from the corner and you feigned surprise. "Genshi? I didn't knew you were here spying on me." You mocked yourself.

"Hey Genshi, what do you call that does karate?" I asked him, sitting down on the floor.

He grabbed a volleybal from a rack and twisted it on his finger. "Too bad Mirai, I know that one."

"Then what is it?" I asked him.

He chuckled, then he led out a grunt, like he threw something. "Pork chop."

It turned to him. I was wondering why the ball was getting bigger, then it hit me.

I fell on my back with a groan and probably a black eye to come.

"Very funny, Mirai." He walked closer to my and held out a hand.

I laid there for a few more seconds before taking his help to stand up.

He stared at my face, a bit too intense for my licking. He came closer, then he flicked a few hairs from my forehead. I gulped.

"You're bleeding." He said.

I sighed in relief and stepped back.

He took another step forward and pulled out a handkerchief from his breast pocket, and started dabbing my forehead. I didn't dare look at his face so I looked down. He sort of roughly pull my head up again but didn't meet my eyes and just applied some pressure on my presumably bleeding head.

'Is it really bleeding?' I thought, it didn't hurt.

Then he looked at me, looking back at my own height. I gasped, his eyes looked dark, and his pupils were huge.

He dropped his hand with the handkerchief, now i saw the blood. It was more than I thought. But still, it didn't hurt so it couldn't be that bad. But the ball did hit me quite hard.

This was too intense for me to handle. I silently called out to him. "Genshi?"

His eyes hardened and he tightened his grip on the handkerchief. But he soon released it, and cleaned his hand that was stained with a few specks of blood. He closed his eyes for a second and put the handkerchief back in his pocket, he sighed.

He whispered, but it sounded like he was talking to himself. "I can't, keep doing this to her."

'What does that even mean?' I thought.

"Fuck." He growled. Oh shit.

Genshi stood in front of you, he was staring somewhere other than your face. His hand slowly came closer and he says,

"May I?" While staring at your neck.

You hesitate for a second but nod your head. He turns your head to the side so he can take a look at your neck.

"It's bruised." He clarified. I mentally sighed in relief, this was still scary.

Suddenly a flash of a memory dashed before my eyes, I flinched. Something similar happened like this last night, I just knowing.

"I'm sorry this, happened to you." He softly says as he takes his hand away from you.

He reaches for something in his pocket, while you flinched a bit at first you then realized he reached for something in his pocket. A note?

"Go to the infirmary, it looks quite painful" he looked at my face. "Don't worry, I'm not going to harm you. I'm just trying to help."

He lifts his hands for the last time, waving the card in front of your face. When he didn't get an reaction from you again. He just sighed and moved to grab your hand and put the card in.

You nodded. "T-Thank y-you."

And without another word you almost ran out of the gym hall. Leaving all you stuff behind.

That was almost a few hours ago. You did your thing and all, handled it. Even thought about it for the past couple of hours. You now sat in the cafeteria. Lunch break hadn't begun yet so you just sat there alone at the table. Till a voice called out to you.

"Mirai! Hey..." It was Jinko, no surprise there. You two had gotten closer after a few years, it was a bumpy road but you believe it to be totally worth it.

She smiled. "Hi, what's up?" She hesitantly questioned as she saw his concerned face.

"I was going to your room last night and knocked, but you didn't answer. I went to look at the gym and wanted to take the stairs and I heard your voice, and Genshi's." He started.

Last night...