○Prologue○

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○
Life as a bartender tends to be very simple for Sparkling Cookie, even as popular as he and his establishment is. Serve the drink, chat a bit, send them off and serve them again if needed. No time, or no desire to make time for anything else. It's all right there in the bar.  A social life, a source of income, a safe-place and a hobby. It's as simple as opening and closing doors, shaking a metal tin, and keeping a smile on his face, as he did any other day. He loved his job so very much, what else could he need? 

Sparkling Cookie's bar however, did have a few favored regulars who came to the bar often and he got to know more than most cookies he'd serve. 

Vampire Cookie had to be in the top 2. 

This charming young bat-blooded fellow had seemed to grow emotionally dependent on the grape juice that Sparkling Cookie would serve. Every single night he'd come down and have his fill, chatting his way around Sparkling Cookie's mind and tipping generously. He'd stay late into the night continuing to empty Sparkling Cookie's inventory of grape juice, trying mixes and experiment-drinks long after everyone else had left and the town was as silent as a sleeping cake hound in the Summer. Sparkling Cookie's attachment and affection for the mysterious cookie would continue to blossom with every visit, watching him turn into a bat and fly away into the night as he switched off the lights. Everything about this guy was fascinating. 

Rumors in the town begun to spread like Pepper-flake fire on roll cake wood amongst cookies about the relations of these two. What was their status? Were they dating? Just guys being guys? Were they that close? Was it all one-sided?

Sparkling Cookie was always skilled of ignoring rumors and blatant lies. He was a bartender after all, and bars happen to be the place where drama and tall-tales are never uncommon. Drunken words are sober thoughts, so when cookies exchange in such a way, it doesn't come across as surprising to him.  However, thoughts about him and Vampire Cookie seemed to stick. As much as he tried to ignore them, it was difficult, and he couldn't figure out why. It wasn't exactly strange to him the choice of words, nor the fact that it was another guy; He had no issue with that. They seemed louder in his ears than any other word in the room. They did however, raise the question:

How did Sparkling Cookie really even feel about Vampire Cookie?

How did Vampire Cookie really even feel about Sparkling Cookie?

It was the question that arose in Vampire Cookie's head every time he pushed those doors aside and adjusted his cape's collar to sit at the stool right in front of him. The question that had remained unanswered for too long. Each pour of and chug of aged grape juice and each hour into the night seemed to grow shorter with each visit, like he was trying to enjoy it but it all slipped away too fast for him from the dusky moment when he walked in to the late night when he said goodbye and took a last glance at Sparkling Cookie before flying his way home. 

It was not his first time catching feelings for someone who seemed so far of a possibility from his reach. Not even for another guy. He would always buzz around the forests at night trying to better his flying and stealth and would always catch Werewolf Cookie hanging around the same shifty and dark lush. They both had felt a connection. They were similar in a sense to really get each other, where they'd become different things at will and often screw things up. However, Werewolf Cookie found it difficult to control himself around anyone, including Vampire Cookie, so he fled upon the obvious romantic tension. There was no winning in that situation. Vampire Cookie stayed away from love since then and not too long after that was his first introduction to the bar. 

Nothing came into mind when he saw Sparkling Cookie for the first few times. He was just a plain old bar tender with a bubbly  attitude and the keen for convo, but of course, eventually Vampire Cookie found himself in a grape-and-champagne-flavored trap. Nothing had been the same since then. 

Vampire Cookie couldn't doubt at the fact that he was indecisive when it came to the majority of everyday tasks, such as picking an outfit or choosing what was for breakfast. Vampire Cookie had begun to realize this would also affect his status with people and just his overall social life. He didn't know really whom or what to put his trust into, even questioning the will of his own younger sister sometimes. He had trouble making friends with cookies or even striking up casual conversation. That combined with his lazy tendencies and lack of interest in leaving his house made him a bit of a 'natural loner'. He had gotten used to this prior to meeting Werewolf Cookie, who seemed to strengthen and confirm that whole moral. The whole idea of adding someone to his life such as a romantic partner would scare him, but at the same time he'd kill for it. He'd kill to just have someone beside him physically and mentally, to fill the portrait-shaped gap in his heart, to complete the puzzle. 
He wonders if the same cookie who has been filling the portrait-shaped gap in his mind would be able to do the trick.
The guy who fills the gap in his crystal-brim wineglass.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

thankq 4 reading the prologue of dis story... will update eventually!! 

- cooper