Chapter 2: Master of Fire

"I hope you kids are ready for this." Sanders said as he got up. Maddie and Jared walk outside to see if the streets are clear cause at night in this town gang members like to snoop around.

"The coast is clear guys." Jared screams from outside. Lou puts the map in her bag and makes her way outside.

"Sanders, you don't happen to know anything about people having powers of any kind, do you? Because I heard you used to be an explorer.", I asked.

Sanders grabs his hat, coat, pistol, and a cigar then looks over at me and says, "The last group of people I knew that had any kind of power have all died out. I will be very surprised if anyone else in this world has any." Sanders then walks out of the building and I follow. Lou gets the map back out and directs us on where we need to go.

"It looks like we need to make our way to the city and then head towards the museum."

"So, Khalil if this guy is right about there being some powerful scroll what are we going to do with it?", Jared asked me.

"We should study the scroll and see what lies within in it. I am also sure that we aren't the only ones looking for it, so we better be careful.", I responded.

This walk is taking longer than expected, so I ask Sanders why he went into hiding.

I look over to Sanders and ask, "Why have you been in that old building for all this time? If you were an explorer, then wouldn't you have lots of money and a really big house or something like that?"

Sanders looked at me with a long face and says, "Listen kid, why do you ask so many questions? Can't we all just walk in peace to the city and make some progress on this journey." I didn't want to say anything after that, so we just kept walking. After a good 10 miles of walking we start to see bright lights up ahead in the distance.

"Hey, does that light look like it's getting closer or is that just me?", Maddie asked us. The second Maddie points that out, we all jump out of the road as the car comes toward us. The car then swerves and a group of people with masks and guns hop out the car. Suddenly, I feel this rush of energy and power consume my body. I look at my hands and notice that they started to glow. Without hesitation a great fireball leaves my hands and heads towards the car. The car blows up knocking the men in masks backwards. One gunman starts firing, so I take cover behind some trees.

I turn on my mic and yell, "Is everyone ok?"

Jared responds first saying, "Dude did you just throw fire out of your hands?"

I see Jared in the distance as he says that and I reply with, "I think so, because my hands just started to glow and next thing, I know the car blows up." I see the last gunman head towards Jared, and I felt the same energy that I just felt in my hands moments ago. I throw 2 fireballs at the gunman, he screams in pain and slowly burns to death. Sanders gets out of hiding and shoots the other gunmen that are on the ground from the explosion earlier.

"Kid, did you just throw fire out of your hands?", Sanders asks me.

"Yea, I don't know how I did it or why I did, but I am sure glad I did." I quickly respond. Sanders puts his gun back in his pocket as everyone gets out from hiding.

"Whoa! You just threw fire!" Maddie yells with excitment. "Yea that looked really cool.", Lou added on. I look back at my hands and notice that they aren't glowing anymore.

"This must have been the power I have gained from my mother.", I thought to myself. We gather everything up and continue to make our way to the city.