Fear

The Boogie Man. By Tyriq Bailey

The pain that is born from a hot bullet piercing flesh while delivering death. Known as the Boogie Man, he's a mystical monster that has forever hunted me. He adheres to the power of abruptly taking your love ones away from you. He even reminds you of his powers when a loved one is paralyzed or undergoing chemotherapy. No. They are not dead. The Boogie Man hasn't taken them yet. But they are under his spell. An ardent runner is now an prisoner of a wheelchair. And if he's lucky, he'll need a walking cane which will become his handcuff. The chemo patient is now a manikin for wigs.
While just given the news, she only has three weeks to live. The Horror which the Boogieman breed. He keeps me in a precarious state, hiding from him. I remember when Ran had to stay overnight at the hospital with a type of hepatitis. That's was the first time the Boogie Man came to visit me. I couldn't be any older than 10 or 11 years of age. I already knew the Boogieman could take him. And there was nobody. Who could do anything to save him? Death was final and Telling my oldest brother Bobby. My protector would be fruitless if God was powerless to death. What could Bobby do?  Ran won his battle with Hepatic. But we all lose the war. He's the Boogie Man, and he stands undefeated. His most excellent weapon is, Death! April 26, 2014. The day I lost my protector, big Brother, and the ultimate image of a man. Bobby. I'm not an Atheist by any means, and to question God is forbidden. After witnessing Mother's pain causes by the residual effects of Bobby's death.
Questions was all I had left, with my questions going unanswered. The most enormous darkest cloud hovers over me. The joy of my daughter Remi Jade Bailey being born April 15, 2014, was evaporated by those big dark clouds. You ask how can a 43-year-old man. Who survived North Philadelphia and Poverty be scared of the Boogie Man. My counter is simple. I was being a loving Father and watching my angelic daughter enter this world. Nine days from that particular moment. I receive a call at work that Bobby was in an accident and had left this world. I was experiencing one of the greatest feelings and moments of my life as Remi made her way past my wife's birth canal. Bobby's death ate any happiness that I draw from Remi's birth. I write this with the pain of April 24, 2014.
The hopelessness that Bobby death place in his only son Titus. There isn't a living Tyriq Bailey on this earth without a Tyrann Bailey. Yes. I was the first of the twins who enter this world through Jackuquline Louise Bailey. But I wasn't the oldest. I was born with two hearts. I give my Twin one to gain life. However, I don't know a life without him. His being has kept my being a place in this world. The mire reality that I will have to bury Ran. Or he will have to bury me makes the Boogieman the biggest bully. It's doesn't matter how many Grandkids I eventually get blessed with being called Pop-Pop. How successful I become. The Death of any of my loved ones makes this world a place I don't want to be.
The joys of life are temporary, and death is imminent. Death finds us all. Before the Boogie Man kills us physically. Our lives are saturated with deaths of our loved ones. Leaving us emotionally dead. By the time the Boogie Man put his 20-inch blade through our backs and kills us. There's nothing left of us to be a vegetable. And at the point. The Boogie Man is our best friend by using his greatest weapon on us. It was highly selfish to bring kids into this world. I world where they will bury their mothers. Evenly worse. That same Mother will have to bury her only child. The Boogie Man always win