Special Chapter as Told by Kenru Part 2

As my feet lay flat on the mossy ground, four members of the Meadanach dash closer, all wearing long raiment—often with leaf-shaped or tapered hemlines—playful, multilayered coats or tunics, as well as filigree adornments and accessories. The four who have just arrived wear the same pattern but with different colors and shades: moss green, fire red, royal green, and dark. There is one thing common to them: the emblem of a true Meadanach—gold and circular with hallmark that resembles the four gauntlets of the Old Tales.

Kapansin-pansin ang mga nakasuot ng royal green at dark purple dahil sa mga suot nilang mga mamahaling bato sa leeg. They're royalty like the elves I've left for this mission.

The queenly elf with a tapered hemlines and flowing lines of dark and purple is Queen Alondra Anguis of the fourth region. She may look intimidating, unpleasant and evil, but she has a heart of gold. She is the epitome of 'looks can be deceiving'. Her existence makes most of the members of Meadanach to not judge base on what the naked eye sees.

Just like my brother, Renzo, who always try to look commanding and powerful because he has to.

"So this is the winter heiress," pahayag ni Queen Alondra na kusang lumapit sa kinatatayuan ko. Hinawakan nito ang malamig na palad ni Idrish. Bakas sa kanya ang kalungkutan kahit na puno ng itim na palamuti ang mukha nito. Nangilid ang likido sa mga mata nito. "She reminds me of Queen Azuntha, the dead queen of the 7th region. Evil now lurks in House Calore."

"You mean, most members of the enemy, the Trapiz, are in the 7th region?" tanong naman ng maharlikang elf na nakasuot ng kulay berde.

"Our spies from that region have confirmed it, Prince Salinas. Mukhang nagawa ni Lady Montay ang plano nitong gawing sentro ng Trapiz ang ikapitong rehiyon. The council killed queen Azuntha and now controls House Calore. My niece is our only hope for the winter heiress' resurrection," the queen confirms. Nakatitig pa rin ito sa mukha ng buhat-buhat kong si Idrish. Nakakulong sa kanyang mga palad ang kamay ng winter heiress.

The elf in moss green clears his throat and walks closer to where I stand. "Kailan natin sisimulang hanapin ang tagapagmana ng spring gauntlet?" he asks.

I can sense a unique power in him. Just like mine, his seems like bonded with a power that is yet to be awakened. He's a guardian, my guts confirm. He's like me. His destiny is carved the same way as mine. He is the green guardian of the vernal heiress.

"Destiny has brought her here. She's at Pudding Street with a gang of thieves," the female elf with a fiery red clothing answers.

Tumawa ang green guardian na parang hindi makapaniwala sa narinig. "I-isang magnanakaw ang spring heiress?"

Sumimangot si Queen Alondra na tila hindi nagustuhan ang sinabi ng green guardian. "She's a lost soul in the dark trying to find the glow inside her so that she can find her true path, Graen."

"She's more like her mother, then? Your sister, Your Grace?" Prince Salinas asks.

"It runs in the blood. Wala na akong magagawa kung ganoon talaga kami: adventurous but intelligent and powerful," the queen teasingly answers. Tumalikod na ito at hinawi ang makapal na kumpol ng mga halaman sa 'di kalayuan. Her magic produces an ethereal sound, like the snakes from her region are creating a beautiful magical rhythm.

Sa paghawi ng mga kamay ng reyna sa hangin, tumambad ang isang pigurang ikinagulat ng lahat. Isang libingan.

A limestone tomb made of rock hewn from the side of a cave. Variegated ivies and wildflowers crawl perfectly above the tomb.

"This tomb is protected by the souls of the first four queens of Springgan. Only one powerful force can break it," Queen Alondra says.

"What force is it?" the red elf asks. Curiosity starts to burn on her face.

"Even I don't know what it is. Tanging ang mga tagapangalaga lang ng season gauntlets ang nakakaalam. What we could do right now is to bring the spring heiress to the reaping. Sa paraang ito, magigising ang natutulog na enerhiya sa kanyang katawan. Enerhiyang kayang hawakan ang spring gauntlet."

Salinas sighs as he gazes at the mysterious tomb. "If we can successfully bring the four bearers of the gauntlets together, then maybe we can free the elves of Springgan from the caste system—the system that's killing our people."

"So, I should kidnap the thief... I mean, the vernal heiress myself?" Graen asks in confusion.

"We can't make it too obvious, Graen."

"So how do we bring her to the reaping, Your Grace?" Grace asks the prince.

"I'll arrest her for theft. I can have it done without disguising as a member of Meadanach," the prince gazes at Idrish. His eyes express sympathy. Then he looks at me and utters, "You've done very well, Kenru. I have high hopes that she will be back."

"T—thank you, Your Grace," tipid kong sambit.

The prince smiles sadly and says, "Spring has begun. She is our last hope, and I will make it sure that our last hope is the last thing we'll ever lost."

###