Chapter 10

Weeks went by, RM and Aine were getting along very well.

Aine had always loved RM anyway and RM on the other side, RM had started developing feelings for Aine.

But he was scared to tell her because he thought Aine didn't feel that way and it could have ruined their friendship.

If you didn't know; you'd swear they were dating.

Well the rumors going around said they were dating.

That really got on Jamie's nerves. She wanted to ruin Charmaine's life at that instant.

"Who does she think she is? I'm gonna make sure she leaves Asia and go back to Africa, where she came from", Jamie said to her friend fixing her hair in the washroom.

"She thinks she can just take your RM and get away with it", Jamie's friend, Riya, said.

She always did what Jamie told her to do, even if she didn't want to.

But because of fame, what Jamie had, she'd do anything to be her friend.

"Ahh! I get mad at hearing her name", Jamie growled.

"How about when you see her face?", Riya said as Aine entered the washroom.

"Huh! Speaking of the devil... What is exactly your deal with my boyfriend?", Jamie said.

"Deal? Boyfriend?", Aine rudely asked.

"Ohh please, don't you dare act like you don't have an idea of what I'm talking about", Jamie said raising her voice.

"I didn't see you as a girl who would shake in her boots because of a girl like me", Aine said raising her right brow.

Truth be told, even she was shaking in her shoes.

She didn't even how to act or what to say.

"If you know what is good for you, you better stay away from him or el---".

"Is that a threat? Oh! I'm scared", Aine said pretending to shrink.

"I don't only threaten! I go far beyond that. Ask RM what I did to the girl he liked", Jamie said pushing Aine to the wall.

Aine got even more scared, but wouldn't let Jamie see that.

"Ugh", was all she said.

She pushed Jamie aside and rushed out of the washroom.

Still disturbed of what had just happened, asking herself what Jamie did to who ever that poor girl was, she bumped into RM on the hallway.

RM noticed Aine was somewhere else.

He stopped her to ask what the matter was, but Aine made an excuse saying that she was running late for the next lecture.

She walked away, taking the first turn she could see, leaving RM hanging.

RM still surprised as he was, Jamie came out the washroom.

"What happened to her?", RM asked his girlfriend concerned.

"Just putting her in her place", Jamie said intertwining her hands with RM's.

RM forced a smile, knowing exactly what Jamie had said to Aine.

After classes, Aine couldn't find Kayla so she had to walk on her own.

She was sitting on the stop bench when she saw RM approaching her.

Running away from him, she got up and left.

"Charmaine! Charmaine wait!", RM said running after her.

Charmaine walked even faster, but RM caught up with her.

"Why are you avoiding me?", RM asked Aine.

"No! What do you want from me? You already have a girlfriend right?", Aine asked in return.

"Wha-at? What happened? You know how I feel about Jamie and you know I'm trapped!", RM shouted.

"And I don't wanna fall in that trap too! Please just stay away from me, for the sake of us both", Aine said.

"Aine we were getting along so well, you have to tell me. What happened?", RM asked concerned.

"Your girlfriend. She happened, okay? You really, no, I really have to stay away from you. We can't hang out anymore", Aine said her voice cracking and heart breaking at the words she just said.

The words she did not mean, words she never thought she would say to RM.

"Aine now you really have to tell me, what did Jamie say or do to you?", RM asked.

"She threatened me, we just can't hang out", Aine replied.

"No no no. NO! I can't lose another girl I love because of her", RM said unaware of the truth he just told Aine.

Aine who has been suspecting how RM felt about her just said, "Then you better grow up and tell her how you feel. For how longer will you be stuck in that toxic relationship? For God's sake, RM you're old enough to stand up to Jamie for yourself".

RM was speechless.

After taking a breath Aine continued, "Until then we can't do this, us, anymore".

And with that she left. It hurt RM even to watch Aine go.

He also knew he had to let her go, but for now. Just for her safety.

He slowly deadly walked to the bus stop bench.

He sat down, his face buried in his hands.

Lost in his thoughts, he heard car bell.

Removing hands from his face, he saw a beautiful blue black beautiful car.

A window rolled down, and RM just couldn't believe his eyes.