Chapter 9

"So how are we getting there?" Keqing asked.

It was a clear day in Liyue. Keqing had finished all her work for the following week, so that she and Aether could spend some quality time together in Mondstadt. She was eager to hear what all the fuss was about the Dandelion Wine. She sighed happily, imagining all of the things they could do in Mondstadt.

Aether's voice jerked her out of her fantasies. "You ready?" He asked, gripping her hand. "Yes," she replied, wondering what was coming next. What she then saw was confusing. A sort of darkness, the feeling of floating away... She called out to Aether, but her voice didn't work. "What's happening?" she thought to herself. The next moment, her feet hit solid ground, and she looked around, windswept. She could feel a light breeze against her face, light and warm. The next second, Aether materialised beside her.

"Are you ok?" he asked, concerned. "The sensation does take some time getting used to,"

"What WAS that?" She asked, looking around, confused. "And where are we?"

"This is Mondstadt," Aether said happily. "Those are the city's gates. We could've teleported straight into the city, but I wanted to walk through the gates with you. It gives a much better feeling, seeing as it's your first time here,"

Just then, an unfamiliar voice tore through the air. "Welcome back, Honorary Knight. You are most welcome. Who's your friend?" Aether turned around and saw Jean and Diluc sitting together by the tree. He bowed. "Ah, hello Acting Grand Master Jean. Hello, Master Diluc. It's been a while," his tone was formal, but he had a smile on his face nonetheless. "Let's go over," he said to Keqing.

"Alright," she said, pushing down a faint twinge of jealousy. Aether walked over and smiled. "Are you two a thing now?" Aether smirked. Jean and Diluc did not know it, but most of the Knights of Favonius had known about their underlying feelings for each other. Aether and Keqing sat down beside them. "Ah..." Keqing muttered, "Maybe you could introduce me?" she asked Aether.

"Ah yes," Aether said, "Keqing, this Acting Grand Master Jean," The blonde haired woman smiled and waved, "And this is Master Diluc, owner of the Dawn Winery," The red haired man raised a hand in greeting. "Jean and Diluc, this is Keqing," he said the next part in a playful tone, "the Yuheng of the Liyue Qixing,"

Keqing glared at him playfully and swatted him on the arm. "Please, just call me Keqing. I may have an important title in Liyue, but in another city I am just myself. Mondstadt seems like a charming place. I've been wanting to visit for a while."

"We were just about to head back to Mondstadt, anyway," Jean said. "We can show you around and introduce you to the other knights. I'm sure Diluc would also treat us to a round of drinks at his tavern, Angel's Share,"

"All right, all right," Diluc muttered, sighing. "I will. Nice to see you back, Aether."

"So you're the biggest wine leader in Mondstadt? You must really like wine," Keqing said, impressed.

Diluc let out a small laugh. "Actually, I despise alcohol, but I gotta scrape a living,"

Aether smirked. "Diluc is strange like that. He despises wine, yet his whole life depends on it. Ok, well not his whole life, but a big part of it. Anything I missed out on while I was in Liyue?" he asked Jean.

"Nope," came the reply. "Everything's been fine here since you've defeated Stormterror, Honorary Knight,"

"Hey, there's a tournament being held in a few days' time y'know" Diluc went on to explain how there was a debate on the strongest fighter in Mondstadt. Anyone could join, whether from or not from Mondstadt. It would take place in a week, where people could compete for prizes and glory. Betting wasn't explicitly disallowed, but it would still be best to not shout out who you're betting for or against.