Where It All Started

It had been a few weeks now , But dobby still couldn't get Hagrid out of his head . It was only a matter of time until Dumbledore was called to The Ministry Of Magic in London , when Dobby would be called to tell Hagrid about Dumbledore leaving for a few days , leaving him a few more duties.

Dobby had been thinking hard , about what he would say . He didn't know what he would say , would he just simply say " Want to have dinner?" or " Would you like to meet up for a picnic? " . He was starting to think that he didn't have a chance with him , he had only spoken to Hagrid about 3 times , all three times they talked about the awful weather . It was coming up to Autumn , for Hogwarts this was the worst time of the year for weather . Anyway , Dobby was starting to go ballistic over this . It's not every day you ask out your crush that you've been practically stalking for weeks . He thought and he thought .... how would he ever get Hagrid to talk to him without it being about Dumbledore? It struck him , just be the big brave Dobby he is and ask Harry Potter for the rumours about Hagrid , and tell him about them . Then ask him out on a date , simples . Something else then hit him , but it wasn't an idea , it was Lucius Malfoys walking stick - he's getting on if you couldn't tell .
" Dobby! Get your scrawny ass over here, there's some work for you to do! "
If you don't know already , Dobby is a enslaved House Elf . He has to do everything his Master says for eternity . Enough of that , poor Dobby is treated like shit at Malfoy Manor . Mostly by Lucius , everyone else just follows . Dobby low-key felt bad for himself , but for feeling bad for himself he had to punish himself . Dobby decided this would be a talking point for Hagrid , as he knew Hagrid was against elf-abuse , so at least they had something in common , right?

It had been a few days , yet Dobby still hadn't built up the courage to speak to Hagrid . Whenever Hagrid said , ' Hi!' or 'How are you Dobby?' , he ran to the closest hiding spot he could .

Dobby acquired a new job in the kitchens , working for Dumbledore - he only did this to get Hagrid off of his mind . Nothing worked . No matter the amount of hats , scarves , or jumpers Dobby bought ; nothing worked , Hagrid always at the back of his mind . He worked long hours and low pay , Dumbledore insisted on paying Dobby more , but Dobby refused as he thought he was stealing from Dumbledore ; being a mistreated elf .

Days and weeks go by , Hagrid had given up on trying to get closer with Dobby . Little did Dobby know , Hagrid felt the same , but they thought the other lost interest ; they want the same thing .