1;school

I woke to the sound of my alarm. I groaned and rolled over to turn it off. First day back after the holidays. I trudge down stairs to get food.
"Good morning Jess." My mum practically sings as I walk into the kitchen.
My mums such a morning person I can't understand how people can like mornings. Especially Monday mornings.
I go to the cupboard and get out a bowl. I pour some cereal and milk into it and then sit down at the table. I go back upstairs and get dressed into my horrible mandatory school uniform. I put some foundation and mascara on and pack my bag.
There's a knock at the door. I run downstairs and open it. It's Steph.
"Hi."
"Hey."
"Are you looking forward to going back?" Steph asks as we walk.
"No why would I?"
"Apparently there's a new boy all the way from Australia."
"Who would want to come from sunny Australia to rainy Britain?"
"We could do with a bit of sun.

"Jess, Steph." It's Becky running full speed towards us.
"Hi did you have a good summer holiday?"
"Yes it was amazing! Have you heard about the new boy?"
"What the one from Australia"
"How did you know?"
I point to Steph. The bell goes and we make our way to form.

Mr Stuart, our form tutor, reads out the usual school messages no graffiti no smoking do your homework a phone has been stolen your not allowed behind the science block ect.
Then he announces something different.
"This is Luke Hemmings and he is joining our form all the way from Australia." He indicates for Luke to say something.
"Um, hi?" He says the austalian ringing through his voice.
"I've randomly selected two someone to show Luke around today. The two people I've randomly selected are, drum roll please, Steph." An obvious choice Steph is the responsible one and she knows everything. "And Jess!" What me?! This was random. "Steph and Jess would you like to stand up, Luke you can pick."
Me and Steph stand up.
"Steph," he says "I'm sorry but I'm picking Jess."
Wait what he picked me?! Me! The austalian hunk picked me. Fuck I'm blushing.