When will I learn to love?

"I love you Kiyotaka Ayanokoji..."

 These are the words that came out of Tsubasa Nanase's mouth. The words you'd want to hear from someone you've taken interest in. Of course, I mean romantic interest. The words "I love you" will always make your heart feel some type of sensation, no matter who it comes from. Whether it be from a loved one, a family member, or possibly even an enemy; those words will always provoke a reaction from one. 

"As do I, Tsubasa Nanase."

 These are the words that have come out of my mouth on the day we kissed. As I've said earlier, the words "I love you" will always make someone's heart feel something... Except, I didn't feel anything at that moment.

No love... No remorse... No feelings at all. The only thing I felt at that moment was the sensation of her soft lips. I thought I'd feel some type of emotion, but I was wrong. I don't feel bad for Nanase as she believes that I really do love her.  

Even when I would compliment her looks, I based it on an objective viewpoint. 

Right now I'm only using her as a textbook... One which I will read, and as soon as I get to the end, I'll throw it away... That is unless... I do feel something for her.

///////////////////////////////////////////

It's been a few days since then. Although Nanase and I have become partners, we've shown no signs whatsoever of us being together. We aren't really trying to hide it, I guess this is just how it is going. 

Currently, she's in her room with a cold because of that plan that they enacted a few days ago. I guess that's something we have in common. You know... I'm here with a knife wound bandaged up, and she's in her room with a slight cold that's mostly healed.

I think it would be better for me as a boyfriend to come to visit her while she's sick. Should I unexpectedly arrive at her doorstep? Would that be fine? I mean, I am her boyfriend. Or should I text her and ask if it's okay? I think I'll do the latter.

Timeskip

Knock Knock*

"Nanase, open up it's me Ayanokoji."

The door opens and I see a beautiful blonde-haired girl in front of me.

We walk towards her bed and she lays down.

"Hey, how are you holding up?" I ask.

"I'm doing fine, and how are you doing Kiyotaka?"

"I'm fine as alway- Kiyotaka? Why'd you call me by my given name? Not that I have a problem with it."

"I called you by your given name?" Nanase's cheeks start to redden. Trying to hide it, she covers her face with a pillow.

"You must have not realized it since you've barely woken up."

She must have been wondering how I noticed, so before she's able to ask, I cut her off.

"I can see it on your face. Eye bags, your hair is all ruffled up, and you're also drowsy and slow."

"Geez, lay it easy on me." I guess I was a bit too upfront.

"Let's head to Keyaki mall today," I propose.

"Ehh? Ayanokoji being the one to invite me somewhere?"

It's indeed unnatural for me to be the one proposing to go someplace else. However, for some reason, I felt like going out with her now that she's feeling better.

"Yeah yeah. Oh, by the ways Tsubasa-" 

"WAH!"

"What's wrong?"