Part 4

Chapter 4:

Kronos watched as Percy waved good bye to him and watched until he couldn't see him anymore. He didn't know what the twisting in his stomach was about, but it wasn't good. He didn't want Percy hurt like that. He had been terrified when he saw one of his monsters on top of the boy, ready to tear his throat and guts out. The boy's sea green eyes wide with terror; the mental call he had heard. It had terrified him.

The door to his chambers opened and Hyperion stood there, he looked annoyed and ready to kill someone.

"Kronos, it's time to plan, you had your time as a pretend human. Come," Hyperion said and looked at his younger brother; who still wore his human skin.

Sighing Kronos waved his hand and the door to the outside closed. "Fine, it's just every time I try to I can't leave him, it's unbearable, if it was life and death I am positive that I would save Percy." Kronos said and paced back and forth his arms clasped behind his back.

"Brother, if we need to save you from yourself or anyone else we will, that is what we do, we look out for each other. Kronos, now we need to plan, it's only a few mortal months or so until we start the phase one of attack."

"Higher than the mountains that I face

Stronger than the power of the grave

Constant through the trial and the change

One thing remains,

Yes, one thing remains.

Your love never fails,

It never gives up

It never runs out on me"

Percy Jackson entered his house to music, which his mother loved to play; she stood in sweats and a short sleeve, cleaning. Her long brown hair tied into a sloppy bun, a broom in hand. She sang with the lyrics, making him smile. He knew his mother was unhappy with living with Gabe, but he didn't know why she stayed with him... he wanted his mother to have the best life could offer and this pig wasn't it.

"Percy!" she exclaimed and a blush crept up her neck.

Laughing Percy hugged his mom.

"It's good to see you happy and full of life, hate to ruin it... but where is Gabe?"

Smile fading she waved to the door, "out drinking with his friends, he won't be home for a few days, and I decided that we can have fun!" smiling Sally waltzed to the kitchen took a tray from the counter and placed them on the table.

"Blue cookies my favorite!" Percy said and took a deck of cards out.

Marathon of 'go fish', 'speed', 'crazy eights' and 'slap jack' were on, for hours into the night Percy and Sally played games, ate popcorn and watched as many Disney movies before Percy fell asleep in the middle of watch " The Little Mermaid" for the third time.

As it turned out Gabe came to the apartment the next day, early in the morning drunk and completely wasted, his eyes were black and he slammed the door.

"Sally!" he yelled, his breath making imaginary green smoke to Percy's eyes. "Get me breakfast!" he yelled out.

Gasping Sally pushed her son to the bathroom. "Stay in here, don't come out no matter what you hear and don't call the cops."