The Plot

Rookie cop starts helping internal affairs after accidentally getting involved in one. Together with the head of the local internal affairs division Do Chi Kwang a manipulative and sometimes helpful lawyer Han Tae Joo and another junior cop they uncover conspiracies & corruption on their mission. Now there was definitely a lot of promise in this plot and to a certain extent it was fulfilled however some additional information is needed to fully explore its shortcomings.

A reasonable way into the show our Internal Affairs team begins to realise that people are getting systematically eliminated by a killer. Of course as is the usual cliche in k-dramas the killer has ties to the backstory of a few of our main characters. However that isn't really where the shows plot begins to unravel. The main problem with this faceless killer is that there absolutely no feasible way for the audience to know who it is because it simultaneously one of the most obvious suspects possible and yet also completely impossible. Furthermore the killer never even attempts to kill any of our main crew or slow down their investigation in anyway. The killer just leaves them alone (obviously later in the show they don't but by then the damage is already done). Also interestingly though the killer does go by a nickname (거북이) it's meaning has no discernible link to them at all... no link to their killing method, their lifestyle, job etc. In short the nickname makes no sense.

Here are a couple of main plot points
*serial killer(거북이)
*locating a corruption ledger

While it does have its shortcomings the plot is still suspenseful and tension filled and there were some good moments. It was definitely tip toeing the cliche line a bit too often. It was still a solid plot though and just because it seems worse in retrospect doesn't mean it wasn't entertaining while watching still to me the plot was probably only a 7/10.