Tile Floors

Did you know that a tile floor is really, REALLY cold? Well, it is. You get used to the cold after a while, though. Eventually you welcome the cold that the tile floors give you.

Right now, that cold is being welcomed by me. I guess you could say I'm well accustomed to it. Once I feel the coldness, it means the worst part is over. So I'm just sitting, or rather laying, on this tile floor, taking in everything they just told me.

It's the same everyday. I wake up. Get ready for the day. Listen to my parents talk about my weight as if I'm not there. Get on the bus. Sit in the back, alone, and cry. Walk the halls of my school. Take my boyfriends abuse in the bathroom. Take the verbal abuse by the populars. Then get shoved by them. The rest of the day goes about the same way.

Even though this happens everyday, today feels different. If I don't get to the bathroom soon then I'm gonna break down right here. I never cry about the things they say because I know it's all true. Why cry about the truth?

"I can't take it anymore," I scream into the mirror of the girls bathroom. Tears stream down my face. Thank goodness I'm alone.

In my bag, I dig for the razor. The only thing that takes my pain away. I found it!

"Ow..." I wince as I take the first cut. A little of the weight is lifted off my shoulders. Just one more.

The next cut goes deeper than planned.

My vision goes black a couple seconds later. All I hear is a loud thud. Where did it come from? Wait... was.....that...m---

Then I'm gone. This terrible nightmare, called life, is finally over for me. It wasn't planned, but I welcome it.

It's like the tile floors. Cold, but welcomed because I know the worst part is over.

*****
So we had to write about a person we see around school. Someone we didn't know. The person I wrote this about, is a girl I see in the halls all the time and every time I see her, she is always crying or being pushed around. This story made a lot of people cry, so I'm sorry if you cried!
~kas