A Pretty Little Thing Called Life Part 1:

There is a picture of Mallory Everton at the top for those of you who don't know who she is. I recommend listening to the song above (Exhale by Sabrina Carpenter) before reading.

A Pretty Little Thing Called Life part 1:

Quote: "You gotta hurt sometimes to learn to heal" - All Time Low, Some Kind Of Disaster.

Awsten stared forlornly out his apartment window. It had been raining the past couple days in LA so he hadn't gone anywhere. Not that he had anywhere to be anyway.

"Awsten, Otto and Geoff just arrived," Travis said from the living room.

"Okay," Awsten said, resignedly getting up from his bed and going out to greet his friends.

"Hey, Awsten!" Otto said enthusiastically, pulling Awsten into a hug. Awsten reciprocated the hug.

"Hey, Otto."

"How's it been man?" Otto said, pulling from the hug. "I know with lock down and everything-"

"Things are okay. Could be better, though."

"I'm sorry, Awsten."

"It's okay," Awsten said, shoving his hands into his jean pockets. "Where's Geoff? Didn't he come with you?"

"He forgot something in the car and ran down to get it."

"Typical," Travis said. Awsten and Otto chuckled. Someone knocked on the door so Awsten went to get it.

"Hey, Awsten!" Geoff said, entering the apartment and throwing his bag on the ground.

"Hey, Geoff." Awsten stuck out his fist for Geoff to fist bump. Geoff however got too excited and pulled Awsten into a tight hug.

Awsten grunted in protest. "Let go, Geoff!"

"Sorry," Geoff said, letting go of Awsten. "It's just been forever! How've you been?"

Awsten rolled his eyes at the question. Why did everyone always have to know how he was? Just cause he got depressed frequently didn't mean that he needed everyone to check up on him constantly!

"I'm fine," he mumbled.

"Come sit down," Travis said, motioning towards the couch. "Can I get either of you anything to drink?"

"I'm good for now," Otto replied.

"Same," Geoff said.

The boys made their way to the couch and sat down.

"So, how's Texas?" Awsten asked.

"It's great! Everyone is doing well. Even the animals on my farm that don't exist," Otto said. Everyone laughed at Otto's joke, each knowing that Otto didn't have any animals on his farm.

"Yeah, it's pretty much the same," Geoff said when the boys had settled down.

"I'm glad," Awsten said, mustering a small smile.

"What time do we have to get to the studio tomorrow?" Otto asked.

"Six," Awsten replied.

"That's really early!" Travis said, thinking how lucky he was to get to sleep in.

"Not terribly early," Geoff said. "Sometimes we have to go in earlier unless we go in the afternoon."

"Still."

"You could come with us tomorrow if you wanted," Geoff offered.

"Or is it too early for the princess?" Otto teased.