Destined rivals

"Hey, uh, do you know where the photography house is?" You ask a random girl that appears to know the campus

"Hey, uh, do you know where the photography house is?" You ask a random girl that appears to know the campus. She turns around and you smile at her, which she immediately returns; before answering, she adjusts her glasses and nods. 

"It's over there, behind that house. Door 3B, fourth floor."

"Thanks!" You happily respond gratefully and begin to sprint away from her, waving whilst doing so. 

She watches your figure becoming slightly smaller before you disappear behind the corner. 

"Who was that?" A male, bored one will say, questions and lunges an arm around her neck. 

"No idea, newbie probably."

"Course?"

"Photography," she answers and glances towards your way before walking off to the opposite. The male trudges beside her, slouching heavily whilst doing so. His extreme height truly causes his spine to falter, leading to extreme back pain; something the girl can't escape hearing from the whiny male. 

"Do you think there are any interesting new people in class today?" 

The female looks at him in the corner of her eye before rolling both, sighing deeply. 

"Don't know, don't care. Stop being so bothered by everything," she quickly inserts before opening the large oak doors to their building; the biochemistry field. He scoffs at her carefreeness, or rather, her laziness for caring.

Once you manage to open the large oak doors to the building, a dark scent of rust, flaked books and coffee rises to your nostrils. The floor, which more looks like a banquet, clinks for each time a student places their rough boots on it. People of all genders run around wildly around a large stairwell, one that looks printed out of a movie. With its marble steps and rustic rails of copper, you can barely believe it's just a university building. More of a castle, if you're going to be honest. But what's the fun in that when you can live in reality?