The Falcon, the Soldier and the Assassain pt.1

"We gotta break him out."

"What?" I turned on him.

"Thin.."

"James, you did not just say that." I shook my head.

"How else are we gonna stop these guys?" Bucky stepped forwards, reaching out and taking my hands, "Think about it, he's our best shot at this." I met his eyes, he was right, nobody else knew Hydra's secrets as well as him, knew super soldiers like us, as well as he did.

"If we do this, he cannot find out about him." I stated.

"Of course."

"Let's do it."

"You good to go?" I looked back at Bucky, forcing a smile and nodding. He let out a sad sigh, pulling me close as I neared him and kissing my head.

"I just wanted to see how the new you reacted to the old words. Clearly one of you knows the truth."

"The assassin and I work together now, you can't control us anymore." I stated, my hand subconsciously reaching for Bucky's as the assassin inside forced herself to vanish, protecting us all.

"So it seems."

Zeno went to move, but I gripped his arm, heating my hand up and watching him squirm. "You betray us, and you may not realise this yet, but I will find you, and when I do, it won't be pretty." I hissed, before walking away, taking a deep breath as I looked to the sky.

"Talk to me."

"I don't trust him." She responded.

"Don't trust him or us?" I asked.

"Both. I'm trying, but hydra is a part of me, no matter how hard I fight." She let out a sigh.

"You don't have to fight, not if you don't want to. I can do it." I assured.

"And if you need me?"

"You'll know." I promised.

"Then I guess this is it, huh?"

"Goodbye, Summer."

"See you on the other side, Amy."

Her voice vanished from my mind, and I wiped away a tear that fell. The Wakandans may have saved me, but at the end of the day, she was the one who had murdered, I was just the one who bared witness, the one who's face our victim's would remember.

"Amy!" I looked back at Sam's voice, Bucky beside him watching me with concern.

"Yeah, I'm coming!" I jogged over, forcing a smile as I arrived.

"You okay?" Sam gave me a worried look.

"I'm fine." I reassured, leaning into the arm Bucky held out, accepting the comfort.

"I've got her." Bucky's words made Sam nod, walking away to give the two of us a moment alone. "What happened?"

"She's gone in, doesn't trust herself around him." I replied.

"And you?" He forced me to meet his eyes.

"I'm fine, just, protective of her, I guess." I sighed.

"Well, if anything does happen, I'll always be here to find you, both of you."

"We know, buck, we know." I kissed his cheek, before walking after Sam and Zemo, heart racing.

I looked back over my shoulder as I danced, hands making their way around my waist, but who I saw wasn't Bucky. I immediately twisted away, the the guy followed, pulling me closer again. "Let go." It was a warning, and not about me.

"I just wanna have some fun." He grinned, attempting to pull me back into his body, recoiling when my hand squeezed his arm and heated up.

"She said let go." Bucky's eyes were blank as he pulled me towards him protectively, a look I only remembered from one time, when he was The Winter Solider. "Buc.."

"Harassing women funny to you, huh?" He went to push the guy, but my hand was faster, grabbing his metal wrist. "He's not worth it."

"He had his hands all over you," he lowered his voice, eyes meeting mine.

"I know."

"He deserves to be taught a lesson." He spoke through gritted teeth, and I leant towards his ear.

"Believe me, he already has." I motioned to the red handprint on his arm, "let it go, baby."

"Fia."

"Come on, dance with me." I pouted at him.

"How can a guy say no to that?" He smirked, taking my outstretched hand and pulling me close, the two of us dancing together, getting lost in the music.