CHAPTER 3:THE DINNER

JAMIE

The wanderer has finally returned!!

They're not happy about it. They're my best friends, they have a right to be worried about him being back. He left, so easily, like I didn't matter to him at all. They were there to pick up the pieces.

Carmen and Ethan stuck by me just like they always do. They were my support through the toughest moments of my life, I know more than anything else that that will never change.

Unfortunately I can't say the same for Mason Knight. I don't know if he's changed, I hope he has purely for himself, but I don't see it happening. It was stupid of me to think that in the past. I won't make that mistake again!!

"What are you going to do about the dinner?"Harry asked, grabbing my attention from the people that were passing by the window of the coffee shop.

In thought I had become distracted by the people that were passing by, rushing to get places. Usually by now I would be deep in my work and happy about it, but with Mason Knight within distance my mind is elsewhere.

I turned my attention from the window. "I don't know, I feel having dinner would be a really bad idea. I still have a lot of anger towards him."

"I understand your hesitation, I do! I know that he hurt you, My son is hurting too. I truly believe that the time he's been gone has done him good emotional."

"So you think he's changed?"I asked.

"I believe so. He's trying to get back into your life and I understand if you don't want that, Jaime.. But he still needs to be apart of hers. You should be the one to tell him."

"I'm scared.."I looked down at the mug of coffee between my hands."I'm scared of him rejecting her because he's not ready for the responsibility. I couldn't take that."

"You won't know unless you take the chance, sweetheart. He can still be a big part of her life. Mason will find out sooner or later...It's better that it's sooner."

Of course i knew that everything that Harry was saying was right. He was seeing things from my side too, and not just his son's.

Sitting at a dinner table with Mason wasn't something that I was comfortable with, but the conversation was inevitable. He's back now, he needs to know what it was that he left behind.

As I walked through the lobby of the hotel, I noticed that some of the staff had their eyes on me. I wasn't in my formal work wear or my casual wear, I was simply dressed up enough just so I wouldn't stand out in the hotel restaurant.

Sam was giving me the eye from the front desk so I walked his way. I was nervous about dinner and I was late, so I wanted to know if Mason was still inside."Is he in there?"I whispered.

"He's here, he's been sitting at the table for thirty minutes."He looked me up and down."You've kept him waiting- but you look great so he might forgive you."

"It's me that'll be doing the forgiving, not him."I walked towards the door of the restaurant, that was right beside reception."I almost didn't come, I didn't feel ready for a dinner just yet."

I looked through the glass, it was busy inside but I could see him at his table sitting alone. I immediately felt guilty for having him wait, but then I reminded myself of all those months I was sitting alone waiting for him to return.