Chapter 9.

This is a loooong chapter but I think it's in my top 3
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
The girls were scary when they were drunk, Todoroki found. Even though Japan as a whole was pretty lax on the whole underage drinking thing, it still wasn’t a good idea for underage heroes-in-training to drink. It was terrible publicity. So U.A. did stress some rules against alcohol in the dorms, but by their third year Aizawa had pretty much told them “fuck it, do whatever you want as long as you don’t damage school property or put anything online.”

And so, Class 3-A would drink and party sometimes in the dorms. Todoroki wasn’t too much of a drinker, since he didn’t particularly like any alcohol. He wasn’t a lightweight, but he couldn’t hold a candle to the bottomless vats that were Bakugou, Tokoyami, Shouji, and unexpectedly, Aoyama. The rest of the class’s alcohol tolerance reflected their personalities pretty accurately, Todoroki thought. Mineta, Midoriya, Hagakure, Uraraka, Koda and Kaminari were terrible lightweights. Ashido, Sero, Kirishima and Jirou were okay at holding their alcohol, but drank the most and got the drunkest and rowdiest. Asui, Iida, Ojiro, Satou and Yaoyorozu drank a moderate (responsible) amount and got moderately drunk. Todoroki belonged to this category, he supposed. He just didn’t actually ever get drunk, tipsy at most.

But in any case, the girls were scary when they were drunk. He loved and respected all his classmates, and knew all the girls were strong and confident and sensible, but well… when they were drunk they all seemed to turn into stereotypical little girls. Especially when they chose a target, and that target was usually a cornered boy. Today, apparently that boy was Todoroki.

He didn’t really mind their drunken behaviour or the overbearing attention, he just quietly went with whatever they wanted, generally. As long as they were having fun, he didn’t really care.

“Todoroki-kun, you have to let us put makeup on you.” Hagakure was insisting, an alcohol flush hovering in what seemed like empty air where her cheeks supposedly were. It was always a strange sight.

Todoroki looked around. Not everyone was drinking tonight, it seemed like only the girls and Kaminari had taken some shots, and half of the class were upstairs in their rooms still. Other than Todoroki, Asui, Ashido, Jirou, Hagakure, Yaoyorozu and Uraraka, there was Kaminari, Sero and Kirishima, playing (what looked to be very violent) card games on the floor a few metres away. He’d sat himself on the couch with a cookie, and the girls had somehow all ended up sitting beside him or hovering around, once they’d gotten a few drinks in.

He was surrounded, so he supposed it couldn’t be helped. He just blinked his consent and Ashido, Uraraka and Hagakure cheered in excitement. He didn’t exactly know what the appeal was, it was probably just funny to them, so he just sat still and allowed them to have their way. He was sleepy…

Yaoyorozu materialised some… things, and they got to work, giggling all the while. Fuyumi had never worn makeup, so Todoroki had no idea what anything they were holding were. His eye was poked once, but otherwise the girls seemed comically intense in their focus despite their drunken swaying and tittering.

“Oh my fucking God.” Jirou burst out laughing after taking one look at Todoroki once they were done. The rest of the girls admired their masterpiece with badly held in laughter as well, tilting Todoroki’s head this way and that. Kirishima looked up at them and immediately howled with laughter, banging his fist on the carpet. Todoroki vaguely remembered his face looking similar when Bakugou had come back from his internship with Best Jeanist with a hilariously out of place, brushed down side part.

“T-Todoroki-” Kaminari seemed about ready to choke with laughter, and Todoroki held in a sigh. His classmates… But really, he didn’t mind.

“Y-You have to see yourself.” Sero chortled and Todoroki resigned himself to his fate, casually producing a flat shard of ice from his palm and looking at his reflection. Well… it was clear none of the girls were experts. Neither was he, but he was sure the lipstick was meant to be… on his lips. There was blush on his jaw, and some shiny white stuff on his forehead. Funnily enough, the makeup around his eyes actually looked pretty normal, pretty well done. He assumed it’d been Yaoyorozu’s handiwork. It was just… well, even normal winged eyeliner just didn’t look normal on his face.