Prologue

I sit on my Slytherin four-poster, poring over a large book. I quickly flip past a diagram of a man squeezing the eyeballs out of a snake and find the page I'm looking for. HORCRUXES. Slughorn warned me about how dangerous this was, but I don't care. I will escape death.

"YOOOOO, TOM!" I sneer as my roommate Zigmund strolls into the dormitory. To his friends, he is Ziggy, but I refuse to call him such. I don't need friends. I have all I need in this book right in front of me... My thoughts are again rudely interrupted by Zigmund. He's telling me about a party in the dungeons later tonight. My useless emotions rebel against me - "Tom, you should go to the party! Tom, you might make some friends!" NO. I will not be blackmailed by the prospect of having a partner in crime who stands with me and can help me rule the world.

10 minutes later, Zigmund has left. I feel strangely sad to be alone, so I make my way down to the library to have a chat with Madam Pince. She is a surprisingly good listener as one of our youngest teachers at Hogwarts. Alas, when I arrive at the library, she is not there. I suppose I could read a book to pass the time. I stride, disgusted, through the Muggle Studies section in order to get to the historical readings, but one book catches my eye before I reach my destination.

Recycling: Muggle's Most Fascinating Invention

I pause, intrigued. It is so unlike me to read a book on Muggles, but for some reason, I flip through the pages. Chapter after chapter on a rather genius system of turning one thing into another. How incredible! I cram the information into the back of my brain and proceed to the historical section. 

I now have a plan.