ALMOST HOME

and yet each man kills the thing they love
Oscar Wilde

almost home
JUJUTSU KAISEN

Aggression is the common denominator in all the people of your village — violence turns meaningful apparently when it's for a deity you can't even see

Aggression is the common denominator in all the people of your village — violence turns meaningful apparently when it's for a deity you can't even see. You see, Nagamichi is a pretty place. Narrow lanes. Fresh mansions. But beyond the pretty sunset that artists come to paint, lies a river running with blood. Behind every smile lies a curse; the people of Nagamichi knows this more than most.

You live your life one step at a time, knowing what comes but choosing not to care. It's as your sister said: We'll burn that bridge when we get to it. And then they burn her, and they'll burn you, and they'll burn everyone. All for a King called Ryoumen Sukuna — you'll learn that name very soon.

Or

Destined to be the next sacrifice for Ryoumen Sukuna, you spend the last days of your life getting to know the god that you're unwillingly giving your life up for.

warnings: mentions of blood, murder, contemplation of suicide, in-depth analysis of religion and God.

copyright: i do not own jujutsu kaisen but i do own this plot alongside any OC i create for the purpose of this story. jujutsu kaisen is written by gege akutami and please do not take inspiration from my plot without asking me or steal my OCs.

notes: this book does not reference the canon storyline so there will be canon divergence — in this story, Sukuna is a human sorceror who has become essentially a god. He does experience a longterm and slow transition into becoming a Cursed Spirit (not canon). He doesn't transform into his Cursed Spirit form which is the whole four arms and two faces thing... or does he (?) wink wonk...

i rlly like y/n and sukuna having a non-romantic but very platonic relationship bc making y/n fall in love with sukuna is not what i want at all... this book is more or less a character study of sukuna?? i'm more interested in how he handles and falls in love with y/n than turning this into a weirdly toxic/emotionally manipulative story. i intend this project to just be a way of resolving grief through strange amends.

started: 060421
finished: ────
PARHKERS 2021