Chapter 1

Narrator: "Sometimes our lives have to be completely shaken up, changed and rearranged to relocate us to the place we're meant to be"

And for Mara Jackson , this quote was gonna be more true than you could ever imagine...

Hi! My name is Evie Holland and I am just a stranger that may or may not pop up along the way of this magical story...

So, here she is! This is Mara Jackson, a bubbly,friendly, brown hair, blue eyes average teenager. Oh! and this is Kacper: her short tempered, dapple grey gelding.

Right now, Mara is in her absolute element! Cantering through the vast acres of lush meadows surrounding her isolated countryside family cottage in the rural areas of leicestershire. Am I selling it for you? Anyway...Her and Kacper were the best pair, she and her family rescued him and year and half ago from a slaughter house. Since then, he has become the best horse anyone could ever ask for, well apart from his occasional outburts but can you blame him? The horse that was abused by humans since a foal, that is of course gonna get spooked around monsters like the human race! Sorry, got a little carried away there, anyway, I'll shut up and you can see the rest for yourself...

"isn't this just perfect Kacper? Me, you and open feilds" she said as they finished their ride and started to cool down,Mara took her feet out the stirrups and just flopped hopelessly on Kacpers neck, hugging him and sighed. She dismounted and walked back into their driveway and back to Kacpers spacious stable as she began to untack him, "bye kacper" she said as she walked out and locked his stable door.

"I'm backkkk!", she shouted as she walked in the back door of her family home. "hey darling!" she heard being shouted back by her mum,"how was your ride?". She walked into the kitchen where her mum and dad stood, preparing dinner. It was summer time and as all british people know, this calls for a classic summer food: jacket potato with cheese and a salad.

Narrator: Pause! Hi,it's me again. I would just like to add, the Jackson family were your so called perfect family. You know? The family that everyone envied. A kind, generous family, but not snobby because nobody likes them.

"Mhm that smells so good!"Mara said as she sat on the bar stool and stole a piece of cucumber from the bowl. "good im glad but be careful with the potato, we all know your dad is a hopeless cook" joked Mara's mum, Madeleine. "Oi! I happen to be a fantastic cook thank you very much!" replied Andrew as they all burst out laughing. "sure dad, if you say so. Now, I am going to get ready. I am going out with Dylan after dinner if thats ok?". Her mother smiled as she headed upstairs to her bedroom. She entered and ran straight to her wardrobe and picked out a black, short bodycon dress with black heels and got changed. Admiring herself in the mirror, she stood and smiled, "can't life stay this way for ever?" she muttered to herself and she went back downstairs and sat at the table with her parents. "You look beautiful honey" stated her mum as they all tucked into their dinner.