promise

kokichis pov.

what time is it even? i asked myself turning in my blankets to check the time. 2:37 am. well great, of course i'm stuck awake at this hour. even better not being able to get saihara out of my head. i'll just go to his room.

i slowly slipped out of my covers trying to avoid dizziness, which failed. before i fully lost balance i grabbed onto my desk barely pulling myself up. "this is what i get for not eating i guess.." i mumbled quietly to myself. i pulled myself up and walked over to my dresser grabbing a band t and some shorts i've had since- i dunno i was eight. surprisingly they still just barely fit. slipping on some old convers i've probably had just as long as the shorts i headed out of my dorm and to shuichis room.

i walked slowly trying not to make noise, it took me a few minutes granting how dark it was so i could barely see three feet infront of me. as i walked i fiddled with the hair ties on my wrist. i had 3 of them on my left, and 2 on my right. five in total.

once i got to shuichis dorm it was locked. he's smarter than most of us, i don't think 💭 the others keep their doors locked accept korekiyo and him. i occasionally do, only when i remember though. which isn't very often.

i grabbed out a bobby pin from my hair and unlocked the door. i stepped in side carefully, making sure to not wake shuichi with my footsteps. shutting the door behind me i walked over to his window. it was open, shuichis view was really pretty. i admired it for a while before turning toward him.

i sat beside him on the soft mattress and stared down. he looked so pretty asleep, and awake. he looked pretty always. though when he was asleep he finally looked peaceful, free of all the stress he'd been carrying.

i lifted one of my legs over his torso so i was overtop of him and placed my hands on his cheeks. slowly and gently i lifted his head up.

"i.....once we're out of here...this crazy despair drenched place....shumai."

i paused.

"i'll mary you." i froze again for a second before placing my lips on his. i pulled away slowly.

"promise?" shuichi asked. "AGH! YOU WERE AWAKE??" i shot back panicked. shuichi opened his eyes. he didn't say anything but pulled me back into his lap. only looking at me as if i were some flower. he just sat there admiring. "do you promise kokichi?" he asked again. i took me a second to speak. "yes" i answered placing me lips back on his. but there's no way i can keep this promise. i know of it. i won't survive.

8 years later_

"do you kokichi ouma take shuichi saihara to be your husband?"_" i do."_ "and you, shuichi saihara take kokichi ouma to be your husband?"_ "i do"

as me and shuichi kissed i thought of the killing game. how i thought i would never be able to keep our promise. i pulled away.

later that night while me and shuichi were laying down in bed i asked something. "hey shuichi?" i asked. "yea kokichi?" he answered. "remember that night- i went into your room. and said that when we made it out of there i'd marry you?" i asked. "yea"

i smiled at him. "i kept it"