Chapter 17

"Tommy!"
Phils arms wrap around the blonde.
"I thought... You... Wil- you-"
He cries and Tommy feels bad. He shouldn't have decided to just run away for one night. It is selfish. He knows what has happened. He remembers how his father sometimes still buys what Wilbur liked.
In the end no one eats it. They throw it away.
Wilbur.
How is he?
Is he happy? Maybe he has a family?
Or
Maybe he is dead?
Nevermind. Better not think about him.
"I'm fine dad. I met Ghostbur. You know that singer. He gave me a private concert and got me my own hotel room so I have a place to stay."
"You- Tommy... I thought I taught you... Never go -"
"- home with a stranger. I know."
Phil smiles.
"I will tell Techno that you are back. He will be happy to hear that"
A small nod. And they both part away.
Tommy goes into his room. Takes out his phone and sends Ghostbur a message

Hi it's Tommy.

Then he decides to call Tubbo.
"Hello?"
"Hey Tubbo! You won't believe what happened..."

"You should maybe tell your dad. Or Techno. They won't be angry. But Tommy you can't just write with a complete stra-"
"But he... Is like Wilbur. In a way. And looks like him. In a way... He...."
"Yea well maybe it is Wilbur but yo-"

"What is if it's Tommy... But he can't or? Was he always that tall?"
Wilbur walks around in his hotel room. Still overthinking the boy. Even if it isn't Tommy. He lost a brother. And that brother ran away like Wilbur. Maybe Wilbur should kinda... Help him like a brother should like he should have done for his little brother.
A ping disturbs his train of thoughts.

Hi it's Tommy

A small smile.

Hi Tommy I'm Wil

The other isn't online. No answer will come.
Out of curiosity Wilbur clicks on the picture of Tommy.
There he stands with an oddly familiar boy.

Fuck. It is Tommy.

Wilbur's phone hits the floor. Luckily the carpet pretends it from taking big damages.