Chapter 1: The Defeat of the Calamity

And with the final blow from the Bow of Light handed down by the Goddess, wielded by the chosen champion, Ganon was sealed away by Princess Zelda. Peace was restored to Hyrule. Link stared at the Princess in front of him. She looked just like she did in the memories he found all over the country. She smiled at him, and with the breathtaking scene of her long golden hair swaying with the wind she asked him, her voice as warm as the evening sun.

"Thank you, Link. The hero of Hyrule...

Do you... remember me?"

Link hesitated at the beginning. He didn't necessarily remember her, but the memories he obtained with her were enough to give him a clue about who she was and what she meant to him. She was his princess, and he was her chosen knight, just like the first Chosen Knight of Goddess Hylia herself, the one that lost his life in the battle against the Demon King Demise. He was there to protect her, yet the exact opposite happened. She was left alone, battling Ganon in the castle for 100 years, and he was just... sleeping. In a sense. He owed it to her, for playing such a big part against defeating the scourge of the fallen country.

Link slowly nodded, his blue eyes looking into Zelda's green ones as she smiled wider. With Ganon finally sealed away, they were free to live their lives to the fullest.

Link looked around, and in a moment of unexpectedness, his head moved faster than his brain, and he looked at her. With a cough, Zelda looked at her bloodstained hand. She looked at Link, then back at her hand. Link rushed to help her but she just fell in his hands, unresponsive.

Impa had never seen someone so anxious before. Seeing her old friend pacing front and back was breaking her heart, but not as much as her best friend laying on a bed unconscious. The 100 years she was trapped in Hyrule Castle put a toll not only on her body, but on her mental state too. Zelda was exhausted, no matter how much she tried to hide it, and once the adrenaline wore down she immediately collapsed. Impa wished she could have done more for everyone. maybe, maybe if she was a bit more stronger she could have helped everyone, maybe the Calamity could've been prevented and they wouldn't have been in this situation. But the past is in the past, and all that matters is the present. And in the present the princess is struggling to survive.

In the past few hours, Zelda had lost all her hair, resulting to her head now being bald. Before the fall of Hyrule to the Calamity, she took pride in her long golden blonde hair that shone like sunlight, sign of the Goddess's blood that flows through her veins. And that was no more.

Zelda is finally happy. The Calamity was defeated. Ganon was sealed away, Link was safe, Hyrule was saved. Yet she felt something missing. 

"Zelda" she suddenly heard a voice call to her.

She looked around and she felt tears in her eyes. "Mother?" 

Zelda came face to face with someone she thought she forgot what they looked like. Her own mother. Then it hit her. Her mother is dead, how can she be in front of her? 

"Am... Am I dead?" she asked, not really expecting an answer. In her own mind, she was dead for sure.

"Not yet" her mother replied "You're simply in the back of your mind, unconscious and fighting to survive. I am nothing but a memory, a fragment of your imagination." she explained with a sad tone in her voice. "It's not your time dear... It wasn't supposed to end like this..."