⌞three⌝

Lizzy woke up to Flora shouting at her through the shut door, claiming that someone was on the phone for her

          Lizzy woke up to Flora shouting at her through the shut door, claiming that someone was on the phone for her. Without changing the girl quickly brushed her teeth and jogged down stairs, he fluffy socks skidding across the wooden floorboards. In the front room, everyone was sat eating and a spare plate was placed for Lizzy. The girl ignored that and went straight over to the phone with a sigh and picked it up. Miles keeping a close eye on her actions as it to make sure she was okay.

(Bold- Lizzy's dad / Normal- Lizzy)

"hello? Lizzy speaking?"

"Elizabeth Meadows you better start packing up your stuff and getting your arse home now. How dare you lie to me about school. You got kicked out?"

"i didn't think it was a big deal dad" Lizzy spoke, feeling brave because she wasn't face to face with him. Miles stiffened at the word dad knowing its a bad subject for the girl

"of course its a big deal, you have no other school to go to. You have the rest of the day to pack, ill send a taxi to get you"

"I'm not leaving here"

"yes you fucking are. If your not home later then when you get home expect punishment" The girl flinched at the sternness of the older mans voice. Miles looked over to Mrs Grose for help and with a sigh she went over to the younger girl and took the phone

"hello, yes this is Mrs Grose. Lizzy is staying with us for a while, we have work for her. Okay. Thank you, bye" The older lady spoke into the phone and gave Lizzy a weak smile. She gave one back and went to sit and eat. Sure the girl was scared but whilst she was in the Fairchild estate she knew she was safe from her dad. Miles placed a comforting hand on her thigh as she ate. After that the girl changed into her black riding jeans and pink long sleeved horse riding shirt. Her black boots also on her feet.

Lizzy took her hair out of the Dutch braids miles did the previous day and put her curly locks into a low ponytail. The four then went down to the stables, Lizzy saddled up her horse, prince and set off on the five minute ride to the training area. Prince and Samson where tied to the post whilst Miles helped train Kate. Flora and Elizabeth sat down on a blanket on the stairs. Lizzy thought Miles looked attractive whilst training.

"Miles, I'm bored. Can we do something else now" Flora shouted from her spot on the blanket, Lizzy, too, was bored but she enjoyed watching miles do something he loves so the girl wasn't exactly complaining.

"what do you wanna do" Miles asked his younger sister with a slight smile

"Can we show Kate the koi pond?" Flora asked with a huge grin plastered on her face. Miles said something to Kate and then helped Flora onto the back of his own horse. Lizzy got on her own one and rode along side the Fairchild children "race you there!" Flora shouted at the teenage girl. Miles looked at the blonde with a raised eyebrow. Lizzy nodded and the trio took off galloping down the muddy path, the wind flowing through Lizzy's loose hairs was like a rush of adrenaline. She loved horse riding.

She obviously let Miles win since Flora was riding on the back of his horse and she wanted the seven year old to be happy. They each got of their horses, allowing them to roam the area whilst they stood by the edge of the pond. Miles had Lizzy's hand in his which was only noticeable if you where to push the two apart because they where pressed right up to one another's sides. She needed the comfort and miles provided that for her. Miles let go of her hand when he saw a black bird pecking at a fish. 

The boy stomped on the fish, scaring both Kate and Flora. The boy repeatedly stomped the heel of his boot into it, Lizzy grabbed onto his shoulder and pulled him away to calm him down. Miles got angry easily and the only person to stop him from going crazy was Lizzy, she was his little guardian angel that kept him at least a little bit sane.

"Miles" The older blonde gasped whilst holding onto flora.

"Nothing should have to suffer" Miles told the woman, his voice softer than it would usually be. It does that a lot when he starts getting locked onto one specific emotion.

"That was my favourite fish" Flora cried and walked past the teenagers

"Now you've seen the koi pond" Miles spoke

"c'mon lets go" Lizzy grabbed the boys hand and walked back to the horses. The pair took flora back to the house before taking the long way back to the stables, they where silent for the majority of it but it wasn't an uncomfortable silence. They enjoyed it.

"hey, you look good riding a horse" Miles exclaimed as they arrived at the stables

"dont go soft on me now Miles" Lizzy joked as she guided prince back to his stable. Once she was done with prince the girl stood there with her back to the gate, petting the horses nose. The boy came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"i know your stressing about your dad but dont, he isn't going to hurt you when your here" Miles whispered, his breath fanning the girls neck

"I'm not stressing, I'm scared. I dont want to go back Miles, i dont want to put up with all the shouting and bruises anymore" Lizzy rested the side of her head on his, prince sensing the mood also nudged the girls cheek with his own.

"then dont, this is your home too Lizzy" And he wasn't lying. This house was more of a home than the one with her dad and it was all thanks to the Fairchild children or more specifically miles. She was home for her, She was her safe place.

━━━☛ authors note ☚━━━

- I feel like I've definitely made miles extremely soft in this but i cant write angst for the life of me because i dont think I'm a very angry/ worked up person so i cant exactly portray it in my books. However i hope your enjoying it, please leave votes and comments!

- Also yes, Mrs Grose is nice to Lizzy because Miles and her have been friends for a long time and she is always around their house so she has grown to like the girl.

this is our beautiful prince!