Chapter 4

The next day I wast feeling good so I stayed home. Lately I haven't really felt like myself like something is wrong with me. But I guess it's whatever. No one at school probably noticed but it's whatever. Suddenly the door bell rung , it was probably just the UPS guy or something but it kept ringing. "Ugh" I moan. I finally get up and open the door and all I see is jacob. Wow what are you doing here I say. "I was so worried about you I left school and had to come here and check on you. Why aren't you at school" he says. I welcome him in and we sit on the couch while I tell him why I wasn't there today. "Well we need to go to the doctors right now , put some shoes on and I'll carry you out there since you don't wanna go outside" jacob says to me excitedly. I put on some boots and jacob is holding me in a cradle and we are in the car. We get to the doctors and they said they have to run tests on me. Jacob looks very nervous and scared and he can't go in the lab with me so he was in the waiting room for awhile. After I do the labs , they had to examine it with me not in the room so I go to jacob in the waiting room . He sees the door open and runs to me hugging me. I finally hugged back. We sit back down and he says "honey were you scared?" "What did they say" "im so sorry I wasn't in there with you sweetie" I tell him it's okay but I'm very nervous. A couple hours later the doctors call us back in and jacob can now come in with me. They told me I had a sickness and that if I don't get it treated I could get cancer. Like my mom. I suddenly see myself crying. Just thinking about her. Just the word cancer clicks me inside. We are on our way home and jacob is just trying to comfort me. The next couple days I stayed home from school and jacob did too just so he was by my side. He brought me soup and my medicine and always took care of me and it felt so amazing.