Ch.12

Y/N's POV

We all stood around in the waiting room before the event could start the event, "Um~ This is..." Itadori spoke up. "Kind of harsh bullying from who's supposed to be my allies..." He said as he held the frame up to his face.

I let out a sigh, "Just stay quiet...Your situation makes me annoyed." I said as I crossed my arms.

"Stay like that for a while." Nobara instructed with a hand on her hip.

"Now, now." Panda started. "He explained his situation already, so just forgive him." Our upper classman helped lighten the situation.

"Shake sushi, shake sushi."

The two upper classmen seemed to have confused Itadori. This caused us to explain the techniques of our companions. Once that conversation was over Maki came up to Itadori asking for one of her weapons.

I watched the gears turn in the curse eaters head and waved my hands across my neck and shaking my head to signal to him to not say he broke it. Thankfully he blamed it on Gojo, well in any case we don't need him to die twice.

"Now because of the return of Itadori, are we going to change our strategy now due to the new addition?" I brought up  as I looked at the others.

"There's no time to change it up." Maki stated.

"Well, that depends on Yuuji." Panda said as he held onto one of the wooden pillars in the room. "What can you do?"

"Punching and kicking."

"We got enough of that..."

"I dunno what this guy did while he was dead," Megumi began as he cracked his knuckles. "But if he were to fight everyone at the Kyoto and Tokyo schools- with no curse power-...Then Itadori would win."

The second-years looked at my brother in disbelief from his words.

"Congratulations Itadori, you've got muscles for brains." I said sarcastically.

the pink haired male dropped his head at my words, "Y/N, why must you hurt me with your words..." He said.

"You do realize you ate a crusty old finger right?"

"Touche."

We all walked outside with me and Megumi dragging behind.

"Itadori!" I called out. The male looked up at my brother and I as we closed in on him. "Are you alright?" I asked. I wanted to get a sense of what he's been feeling since he's been away and dead.

"Yeah. I think I got a big role, but it should be fine." He answered.

"Not that." Megumi corrected. "Something happened, right?"

"Ah? No way, nothing." He wore a smile as he said it, but when he looked at us he realized he's not fooling anyone. "Something did...But I mean it when I say I'm fine." He paused. "Rather, because of that, I feel like I really don't want to lose to anybody."

Megumi walked forward, "...Then it's fine. I kinda don't wanna lose either."

"Itadori," I said to move his attention to me. "If you don't want to lose to anybody then learn to rely on the rest of us." I felt myself let a tear lose, putting my attention on the ground below me. "I don't want a repeat of what happened at the detention center."

The tear was wiped from my face and when I looked back up I noticed Itadori's hand close to my face. "I'm sorry about that, Y/N. But let me thank you for giving me a few more seconds of warmth before I blacked out." He said with a smile.

His words were sincere and I cracked my own smile as I grabbed onto his hand and walked towards the other. Once close enough I dropped his hand that still felt cold, but warmer than the last time we touched. My focus on what's in front of me caused me to miss the flush of red that had adorned the pink heads face.

Third Pov

The Tokyo Jujutsu high students walked to the end of the rock pathway that led to the entrance of the forest.

"The hell you mean 'kinda'? You wanna die?" Nobara complained. "We're going for a total victory! For Maki-san's sake!" She cheered.

"Please stop that." Maki said, already annoyed.

"Mentaiko!"

"Yes! For Maki-san's sake!"

"We do it for Maki-san!"  Y/N joined in.

"Heh heh, so with that said." Itadori walked infront of the group on the side and crouched down. "Let's win."

This caused him to be kicked forward by Maki. 

"What are you doing taking the lead?"