far from acting

Sam's POV

I woke up with the worst headache. I felt like I had a few bottles of whiskey yesterday, not glasses. Probably the emotions and tears had a stronger effect on me than the alcohol itself. I rolled over on my back and stared straight ahead, when suddenly his face appeared on the white ceiling. I looked at him so closely yesterday that I could  recreate every detail of his face. Snowy cheeks, slender nose, deep brown mesmerizing eyes, delicate pale pink lips that form one of the most beautiful smiles you can ever see. Ah, and this mole.

Lin Zi Hong...

Not long after we had started recording the first season, we already called each other our real names. For some reason, we became close really quickly. So I got used to YU calling me Lin Zi Hong, but... not like that. Why did you call me that then, Yang Yu Teng? Why did my name leave your mouth so naturally, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world? You didn't even notice your mistake at first. Why couldn't you meet my eyes?

We made various mistakes on the set. And we always dismissed them with laughter or a shrug. Happens, right? But this time, you couldn't do it. You were tense until the end of the shooting, which actually made the scene more real. How ironic, Yu Teng.

We had a recording break today because yesterday was very intense for everyone. The director and crew looked after us a lot, which I appreciated. However, in the afternoon our screenwriter sent us a message to do an Instagram live as part of the promotion. Just me and YU. I was glad at first, because I had an excuse to see him, but then I felt anxious. I was afraid that something had changed between us. And so, I didn't want the fans to feel some weird tension between us.

I called him shortly before our live. He didn't pick up at first.

„Hi, Yu Teng. How's it going? Did you sleep well?"

Hi. Yeah, kinda. I needed a day off."

His voice sounded so distant.

„Right? We've been working so much lately, I already forgot how to rest, haha."

Ohhh, why am I feeling so awkward?

„Haha, me too. You're probably even more tired than I am. Hangover?"

„A little."

„I'm not surprised. You're such a lightweight!"

I smiled. I loved when he teased me like that, though I would never tell him that.

„Ha-ha, says the one who only drank one glass yesterday!"

Well, I wasn't supposed to be drunk."

I sat on the couch with a mug of tea and for a moment I thought about his slightly rosy cheeks from the alcohol. So cute.

„Then, why did you drink?"

Silence. I could almost hear him nervously biting his lower lip.

„Uh... If I was completely sober I don't think we would click, you know? I wanted it to be real, just like you did."

„It was. It was very real, Yang Yu Teng."

He didn't respond. I felt like I had a chance to... I don't know, to get anything from him that was coming through his mind right now. But at the same time, I didn't want to do this on the phone.

„Yeah, anyway... We're supposed to start in 10 minutes, so let me just prepare a little. See you in a bit, Sam."

He hung up before I was able to tell anything. I guess it turned out pretty well. We shouldn't be talking about... whatever that happened last night over the phone and also, right before we do a live in front of so many people. But I won't let that slide, Yu Teng.

YU's POV

Oh. My. God. This is probably the worst time to do an Instagram live with him. His sudden call made me even more nervous. Of course, he didn't mean to do that – he always called just to check on me and eventually lift up my mood. But I guess this time it didn't work. Though it was nice to hear his voice, laugh and just imagine his charming smile. He seemed normal, like nothing really happened. It's good, right? He forgot about it and we can move on. But...

It was. It was very real, Yang Yu Teng.

What was that? Did he... mean the scene? Yes. He meant that the scene turned out to be very real. Yeah. Obviously. I shouldn't get any weird ideas. Plus, he really liked to flit, so there's nothing to worry about. It's just the way he is.

He was very chill during the live. As always, he made some jokes, asked me questions about Shu Yi, wanted me to share my thoughts on various topics. That's also one of the things I liked about him. He knew I wasn't a talkative person, and neither was he, he was actually quite introverted, but yet he always tried to guide a conversation in an interesting way and made sure that I felt good and could speak freely. He was so patient with me. Never made fun of me. Well, he liked to tease a lot, but that's different. That I liked. Maybe it's silly, but it always made me feel kind of special.

I can't wait till you guys see the second season! We actually were shooting a very emotional and difficult scene yesterday. Right, YU?"

I gave him the most awkward smile I could've given. The corners of his mouth rose gently. Okay, relax, Yu Teng. It's just a regular question, regular conversation. For the fans.

„Y-yeah. I'm very nervous about viewers reaction."

Oh, me too. But I think you did well."

I looked him in the eyes, biting the edge of my lip. Surprisingly, I was able to hold his gaze.

What are you thinking, Sam?

„You too." I said, smiling gently. „Everyone, make sure to see it when it airs, he was really amazing."

„Oh, c'mon, are you trying to make me shy?"

His laughter warmed my heart and made me feel so much better. After that I relaxed and we talked like before. We talked as if I had never uttered a wrong name, as if I hadn't played this sofa scene endlessly in my mind, as if I wasn't far from acting at that moment, because it was real. As if the night before I hadn't dreamed of his hot lips and strong hands holding my face. As if we were just doing what we were supposed to do.