Dancing With Your Ghost

Yelling at the sky

Screaming at the world

Baby, why'd you go away?

I'm still your girl

Holding on too tight

Head up in the clouds

Heaven only knows

Where you are now

She was just sitting there, letting the rain fall on her, unmoving, unminding. It's been like that for a while now. She would go home from work, force herself to eat, then go sit out at the balcony. Sometimes she'll fall asleep there, but since the colder months started rolling in, she's found some strength to crawl back inside their...well actually, her apartment. It's still new to her, calling everything her's instead of theirs.

"It's cold today love." She bitterly chuckled, letting the bitter taste of the drink she's been nursing numb her, "It's been really hard, but I've been doing well you know. I've slowly forgotten what's it like to love you..." She lies, hoping it'll one day become the truth.

How do I love

How do I love again?

How do I trust

How do I trust again?

"It's been two years, don't you think it's time to move on? C'mon, let's go out with the girls. It's been so long!" Jisoo, her best friend, tried to convince her to once again do something different from her usual routine.

"Not tonight Chu...I'm just tired." She sighs, questioning if she'll ever move on. How can she, when the love of her life is now gone.

"Chae.." Jisoo looked at her friend.

"I really am. Just..." Chaeyoung paused, "Next time. I promise." She forced a smile, one that reluctantly Jisoo nodded to, "Okay fine, next time. I'm holding you to it."

"You got it."

That evening, Chaeyoung got home, poured herself a drink and sat out on the balcony.

"How can I love someone when I promised you that you'll be the only one for me?" Chaeyoung sighed, looking up at the sky wishing the stars would be visible.

I stay up all night

Tell myself I'm alright

Baby, you're just harder to see than most

I put the record on

Wait 'til I hear our song

Every night I'm dancing with your ghost

Today, it had to be today. She marked her calendar and told everyone she was busy all day. It had to be today. She told herself she would do it today.

"Are you sure you're okay doing it all alone?" Jisoo called her, knowing the true reason Chaeyoung decided to tell everyone not to bother her today..of all days.

"Yeah I'm fine Chu. I told you, I've been doing really well.. I mean look I'm even moving her things." She lied, because she was still far from okay. But she knew that she needed to help herself, like really help herself. And what better way to start then to pack Jennie's things up.