Delight

Third pov

"You will forever be my baby girl." Kaminari had cringed when his father told him that on his 5th birthday. It just didn't seem right. He didn't like the way it sounded.

"You're going to grow up and be a strong girl and wear pretty dresses to parties, right?" His father didn't want him to wear a suit which was for boys but wanted him to wear dresses like girls. At the age of 8 he knew he wasn't a normal girl.

"Mama. What if I don't want to be a girl anymore?" He once asked his mother a week after his father had him wear a dress to a family gathering.

"Well... I don't know. What do you want for dinner?" His mother had brushed him off and tried to pretend like he never asked the question in the first place.

Kaminari was used to not getting answers from his mother but he was really curious this time but knew better than to push.

So he went to his best friend Sero. They both have been going to the same schools all their lives and have been bestfriends for years.

"Is it ok if I want to be a boy like you instead of a girl?" Kaminari asked his best friend while walking to school together.

"You already dress like a guy and act like one too. Plus you're not like one of those girls. Want me to start calling you a guy?" Sero had asked him and Kaminari was ecstatic and nodded.

"So now you're my best guy friend. But you have too many girl's clothes. I'll give you some of mine."

The next day Sero brought a bag of clothes that didn't fit him much and gave them to Kaminari who gratefully took them.

"You're the best best best best friend in the whole world!" He had squealed and opened the bag to find a bunch of clothes he'd have to hide from his father and potentially mother.

"Anything for my guy." Sero had commented which made Kaminari's heart swell.

Kaminari had changed and then they left for class.

"Do you think the teachers will call me he instead of she too?" Kaminari questioned and Sero had shrugged.

"Don't know. But you're a boy now, so they should." Sero had accompanied Kaminari to their favorite teacher who happened to be the art teacher.

"Hey Mrs, is it ok if I can be a he instead of she? I want to be a boy instead." Kaminari twiddled with his fingers unsure why she had such a shocked face before smiling.

"Sure. When you are born and look like a girl but are a boy deep inside that means your trans." She went on to explain to the two boys what Transgender meant.

"You can also change your first name to a preferred more boy-like one." She had suggested.

"Well Hanta already calls me Denki instead of Densha." Kaminari informed her and she nodded.

"Ok, I'll tell the others that you'd prefer to go by Denki and he/him."

"Thank you! Now I have the best best best best friend and the best best best teacher." He had giggled while the other two laughed along.

That night Kaminari had hidden all his new clothes in the corner of his closet where the light didn't shine so bright so if you were to glance it'd be as if a blanket was placed and not a pile.

His mother actually did find the pile and occasionally took some of his clothes to the cleaners so they wouldn't smell. She didn't say anything and just kept the process of taking, cleaning, and returning.

As a couple years go by he becomes more comfortable with himself but the dysphoria still sticks on his worst days.

"Wow! You look so pretty." His father had told him as he brought him a new dress from a work trip and made him try it on.