His Favorite Color

The celebrations were at peak in the college, but Anokhi was sitting quietly on a bench, helplessly holding on to some Red Gulaal in her fists. She had been waiting for Shaurya since morning. Her friends kept insisting her to join the fun, but she was determined to be the first one to put color on her 'PS'. 

Just in the morning she had realized that she didn't have any dress to spare for Holi. Thankfully, one of her hostel mates had helped.

While most of her friends were dressed in a casual jeans-top or kurti, she was glowing in a simple off-white Saree . Although her blouse was sleeveless, she did not feel uncomfortable in it.Her hair was tied up in a messy bun with few of the locks falling on her face. 

"Anokhi... aa na .. kab tak wait karegi..." shouted Reema from the crowd. 

Anokhi sighed helplessly and looked at the college gate.

"Bass.. 5 min aur.." she said hopefully.

To her amusement, that very moment she saw him stepping through the gate. 

She immediately stood up. Her heart skipped a beat just by knowing that he was there. She took some time to have a good look at him. He was dressed in a plain white shirt, worn casually, with sleeves rolled up and blue jeans. Her heart fluttered seeing him put on his blue shades and walk inside. 

He was smiling and waving at everyone, but she couldn't wait for him to see her. Since past few days, she always had him in her mind while getting ready, worrying if she was looking good or not. Today as well, she had dressed specially for him.

She knew he would come to his cabin first and then join the celebration, nobody would dare to drag him in the crowd before that. Hence, she got ready to walk towards his cabin, but something made her upset instantly. 

One of the girls had blocked Shaurya's way and wished him, putting a Tika on his forehead. Although he was not expecting it, but he simply smiled and wished her back. 

Anokhi clenched her jaws and immediately threw the Gulaal off her hands. She knew there was some unspeakable bond between her and Shaurya which made her possessive towards him. 

While Anokhi was busy cursing the girl who did that, Shaurya noticed her.

He just stood there mesmerized by the view. How elegant and graceful she was. The Gulaal she threw angrily was still in the air, adding to her furious face. He immediately understood what bothered her. 

Before he could go and talk to her, she started walking towards his cabin. 

"Anokhi...listen..."  He immediately followed her,  wiping off the Tika from his forehead.